Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance for BASC members acting in a professional capacity

Insurance for BASC members acting in a professional capacity

Dear All,

We have been asked in the past about additional cover for our members who shoot more than around 3500 worth of beasts per year. This low / moderate level of activity is covered under the standard BASC package.

But I know some of you are doing much more stalking and related activities than this, so additional cover would be required. I am please to say we now have such a policy in place for BASC members and costs 110 per year plus Insurance Premium Tax.

If you want more info could you please email me at david.ilsley@basc.org.uk and I will send it to you.

I am on holiday for a week ,but will do my best to keep an eye on emails!

David

I'm a member of BASC and CA. When you say acting in a professional manner,do you mean paid to guide clients or to cull deer for a client? I assume that should a recreational stalker shoot 3500 worth of der they do not become classed as professional? How is the value of the deer calculated, is it what they are actually sold for i.e trophy value plus carcass or just carcass? Just ensuring I don't fall fowl should I get that lucky.

It depends on what is actually covered, and I can't speak for BASC but I presume it covers all stalking related activities if that is the case then it's a very good price, I am paying three times that amount for public liability as a professional.

Yes taking out paying clients would be classed as professional and not covered under the BASC membership package, and because we got feedback from members that they needed additional cover we have worked with a broker and they have developed a very good package (others are available as you know)

There will be a sort write up about it in the May mag and we are working with the broker to get more into into the BASC web site in the next couple of weeks but it will cover public liability, professional indemnity and personal accident

I pay 160 for professional stalkers insurance, for contracting and culling

I pay 275 for the year with cliverton, for my insurance. ie fee paying guests, ghillies, 5,ooo,ooo for public liability & 10,ooo,ooo employers liability, and they are very professional and good to talk to you will get it cheaper than that if you don't take fee paying guests.

Quote Originally Posted by scotlanddeerstalking View Post
    I pay 275 for the year with cliverton, for my insurance. ie fee paying guests, ghillies, 5,ooo,ooo for public liability & 10,ooo,ooo employers liability, and they are very professional and good to talk to you will get it cheaper than that if you don't take fee paying guests.
    +1 for cliverton

The product available to our BASC members gives 10million liability and also covers if you are taking out guests, for 110

Quote Originally Posted by David BASC View Post
    The product available to our BASC members gives 10million liability and also covers if you are taking out guests, for 110
    Does this cover contract culling on a professional basis?

Yes, I am sure it does, I checked this with the broker yesterday when I had a similar inquiery - full policy details are available from the broker and will be on the web site very soon