Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderator

Well finally found my new rifle and waiting for it to be cut so would like little advice on moderators that people would recommend thanks in advance :-)

Ase Utra have served me well.

I'm an ASE fan too. I have the Utra Northstar in 30cal that moderates both my .270 and 22-250 very well indeed. A bit heavy at over 600grams, but it's fully-welded stainless so should likely last a lifetime with moderate use. And you soon get used to the weight
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Hardy Gen IV - top bit of kit
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Established Poster
    Here's another vote for the ASE Utra. The only downside is that it is all forward of the barrel, so can alter the weight a fair bit compared to others which cover the barrel more.

Atec maxim. Medium/light weight back over the barrel. Good sound reduction, reasonable price, durable and parts replaceable.
    Got one on 6.5x55/.308 and very pleased with it should last many years.
    Also atec cmm4alu. Much lighter end of barrel. Won't last anywhere near as long but I only shoot deer with it. So by the time I've shot 200 or so I'll have eaten a s**t load of meat or had enough cash back to pay for a new one. Very light and still reduces sound enough that ears have never rang after a shot.
    Me sister lives in Lincolnshire so if you've got ground and wanted to see for yourself you could try them next time I'm over, depending where you live of course.

Thanks for all the replies and if I haven't sorted anything out woodmaster that be great

Ase ultra for me also, heavy in stainless, but when it does rust / burn out , Jackson rifles will give you 60% discount off a new one if you take the old one in

atb

kjf