Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail Cameras that send pictures to your phone

Trail Cameras that send pictures to your phone

Guys I use trail cameras on my ground to good effect and are now looking at progressing to ones that send me images as they happen. I've looked on the net and got a few ideas of what I might upgrade to but want some views, experiences (good and bad) and recommendations. The minnox is looking favourite at the minute or Spypoint.

The benefits I see is less disturbance and if I get a trigger of unwanted walkers or poachers I can get there in twenty minutes and maybe catch them.

If I've got this in the wrong place please move it.

is there a signal at the camera site? If not then it wont send any pics

I am a BIG fan of Covert game cameras, and they have some excellent direct to phone models.

however, I am not sure if they will ship over (once saw that some models fall under the no export rule) and also unsure of network interchangeability between UK and US.

I use ltl acorn 6210MG. Used to use SMTP and now use MMS. The SMTP is better for high volume, low costs but there are some tricks to set it up. However if you have lots of action and just use MMS it can cost a lot. Picture is 55kb with a higher 5Mb version saved on the SD card on the phone. The smaller pic is enough to work out whats going on. Make sure you get one with an external antenna because mine needs at least a 3dB gain to get enough signal to send a picture.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeydredd View Post
    is there a signal at the camera site? If not then it wont send any pics
    I get normal phone signal so I expect a camera to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    I am a BIG fan of Covert game cameras, and they have some excellent direct to phone models.

however, I am not sure if they will ship over (once saw that some models fall under the no export rule) and also unsure of network interchangeability between UK and US.
    theres some for sale over here from Scott Country.

I'm surprised there's not many views on this thread from the pro stalkers and outfitters..

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    I get normal phone signal so I expect a camera to work.
    I have the Ltl Acorn 5210 MM, and although there is a signal on site, I find that it does not send all the photos to me. I am not 100% sure why, nor am I sure what determines which pictures get sent to me.

However, it has proved pretty useful really.

Here are some more snaps from the Ltl acorn to my phone and email to my PC.

Good enough quality to know what's going past.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post

I've not had a problem getting Covert sent over by US Outfitters.Also got a couple off the US Bay with no problems