Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 527 .22 Hornet Single Set Trigger

CZ 527 .22 Hornet Single Set Trigger

I have a CZ 527 hornet and the single set trigger is not great. On my Krico .243 it is great can push it forward like silk, however the CZ is quite hard.

Having read other forums other people think the CZ trigger are great. This leaves me
    with a couple of thoughts:

1. Take it out and clean it etc, is this a gunsmith job?
    2. But a replacement trigger, if so which is best option, where to get it
    from and how much.

Has anyone else had this problem
    and any thoughts on the best fix?

Many thanks

Take it out and clean it. It won't cost you a penny and it's not exactly rocket science, every shooter should be capable of stripping and cleaning his rifle.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Better yet, disregard it. Adjust the non-set trigger the way you like it and go from there. I have two 527's and never use the set mechanism(s).~Muir

Better yet....adjust the set trigger AND the non-set trigger according to the owners manual and I guarantee that you will love the trigger on your CZ 527

P.S. Its very easy by the way !
    Last edited by Konnari; 03-04-2015 at 21:02.

Thank you all.

reading other forums a few people have said disregard the set but

a - I like the set
    b - I realise this sounds obsessive but if it is ment to work I want it to work, if you get my drift!!

I don't have a manual, I will try and find one in the web.
    Last edited by RAS.243; 04-04-2015 at 08:14.

I just clean and adjust the standard trigger, normal breaks at 1lb 12oz, set is too light to measure.
    But I never use the set, once set the reach to the trigger is too long for me, and set it has too much
    over travel for me.
    Replacement trigger I have considered, but never got around to, the one to go with is the Timney, they
    don't list one for the 527 but I am told the non magnum version of the 550 one is a perfect fit.

You can download the manual from the CZ site, but there is a much better description of the process on rimfire central forum, it is actually for the 453 but is the same as the 527, the only difference is in the removal of the trigger spring, the 527 trigger needs to be stripped down to remove it, the 453 just remove the adjuster screw and tip the spring out.

Neil.
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 04-04-2015 at 10:55.

CZ USA has the manual PDF under "Support". Adjustments are easily done.~Muir

(I've tried to post a link to the manual but this site stalls when I try....)
    Last edited by Muir; 04-04-2015 at 13:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Ijust clean and adjust the standard trigger, normal breaks at 1lb 12oz, set is too light to measure.
    But I never use the set, once set the reach to the trigger is too long for me, and set it has too much
    over travel for me.

Replacement trigger I have considered, but never got around to, the one to go with is the Timney, they
    don't list one for the 527 but I am told the non magnum version of the 550 one is a perfect fit.

You can download the manual from the CZ site, but there is a much better description of the process on rimfire central forum, it is actually for the 453 but is the same as the 527, the only difference is in the removal of the trigger spring, the 527 trigger needs to be stripped down to remove it, the 453 just remove the adjuster screw and tip the spring out.

Neil.
    Exactly. I shoot very small vermin at long range with my Hornet; from what you might consider a 'loose' rest. Can't hit squat with the set due to it's positioning. ~Muir

Thank you all. I need to get me some trigger pull scales and have a play.

regards

Richard

I had a 527 hornet that had all the adjustment taken out on the set trigger and had trouble with it. The bloke I sold it to texted me to say it had been a five minute job with the screw driver and hey presto all was well again