Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decent folding knife for 25?

Decent folding knife for 25?

It isn't for me but can anyone suggest a decent folding knife around the 25 mark? It will be used for general "stuff" and not for deer or game. I've already suggested a Swiss Army knife as I have one (I use a Falkniven F1 for stalking) and it keeps a good edge, is easy to sharpen and things like scissors come in handy on a general purpose knife. However am interested in other options.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Does it need to be UK Legal for carrying?

If so my first choice would be the SAK. There are many models available but I like those with Alox handles like the Pioneer-Farmer: Victorinox Pioneer Range Farmer Alox | Heinnie Haynes

You can often pick these up at bargain prices on Amazon - like here:

Alternatives if you want to go old skool would be something like a Buck stockman: Buck Stockman Wood | Heinnie Haynes or an Arthur Wright: Arthur Wright Lambsfoot Special Bone | Heinnie Haynes

Have a look out for Case knives as well, as they make some very nice whittling models, although these may be above your budget. Try to make sure you get a U.S. manufactured one if you can.

Or if you want slightly more modern then your budget would just about stretch to a small Spyderco Clipitool: Spyderco Clipitool Scissors | Knives Tools | Heinnie Haynes or Spyderco Clipitool Bottle Screw | Knives Tools | Heinnie Haynes
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 03-04-2015 at 14:21.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Hi bud try BUCK knife it's very good made and it's all purpose knife indeed, there is two version in the market cheap Chinese made and decent orginial USA made, the American made come with a price, the choice is yours here is a link for cheap BUCK knife for sale in the web
    Buy Buck Knife Bantam 284 | Outdoor Accessories, Camping
    hope this will help

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    And colour blind apparently

I have used Opinel knives for over 30 years as my main pocket (pen) knife, they even do some short enough to be legal for carrying in normal life. They are not a true lock knife, but they do have a locking collar which you can twist to keep the knife open or closed. Ideal for baler string, parcels, packages etc. etc. Before that I used Lambsfoot or Taylor's Eye Witness. But the Opinels take a good edge and are cheap to replace. My brother swears by the French Laguiole pocket knives with a bee on them.

Simon.
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    I have used Opinel knives for over 30 years as my main pocket (pen) knife, they even do some short enough to be legal for carrying in normal life. They are not a true lock knife, but they do have a locking collar which you can twist to keep the knife open or closed. Ideal for baler string, parcels, packages etc. etc. Before that I used Lambsfoot or Taylor's Eye Witness. But the Opinels take a good edge and are cheap to replace. My brother swears by the French Laguiole pocket knives with a bee on them.

Simon.
    As I understand it you can only carry the non-locking Opinel's (i.e. those without the rotating collar) and remain compliant with UK law in the absence of "good reason". They make a range that don't have the rotating collar.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 03-04-2015 at 17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by massa View Post
    Hi bud try BUCK knife it's very good made and it's all purpose knife indeed, there is two version in the market cheap Chinese made and decent orginial USA made, the American made come with a price, the choice is yours here is a link for cheap BUCK knife for sale in the web
    Buy Buck Knife Bantam 284 | Outdoor Accessories, Camping
    hope this will help
    Nice knives, though sadly not UK legal carry "without good reason" because of the back lock.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 03-04-2015 at 17:39.

Opinal, great steel. You can sharpen them on a brick,aduse them , loose them. Dosent matter they are cheap. best value for money folder there has ever been.
    Tusker.