Wester Ross& North Sutherland

Aye your right it was a bit mental rite eenuf!
When it good it`s really really good but when it`s bad...!

Bealach Na BA( pass of the cattle ) sorry John I love it pedaled over it 3 times most certainly lets you know your still alive 6 miles from sea level to sea level 2330 feet to the top of the pass.

Bealach Na BA( pass of the cattle ) sorry John I love it pedaled over it 3 times most certainly lets you know your still alive 6 miles from sea level to sea level 2330 feet to the top of the pass.

We live in the most wonderful place! If you can handlle it you can live anywhere

Reversing a horsebox with pony inside around those hairpins on the AX (applecross) Bealach ain't fun. Best thing about the Bealach is the view across from the meall across Coire Scamadale to Skye, but then I am biased :cool:

As the stalker on the south beat my father used to walk up and over the bealach every day during the stalking season just to see if a flag was flying on a pole in front of the big house.If it was he waited until the guests came up,if not he walked home!Not many people have to walk up to over 2000 feet and 6 miles BEFORE going stalking for the day!!
Thank goodness for the telephone!

The last time I was there the hinds were walking across the road in front of us.
Beautiful countryside.

I`ve not stalked Applecross before, I used to work as a scallop diver out of the harbour and we drove over the pass morning and night for a couple of months a year.
I remenber the estate had a hummdinger of a hill fire a few year backView attachment 707

yeah..naughty stalkers for causing the 'falaisg' to get out of control :D

Hummel...you wouldn't happen to be a Mackenzie? Heard stories about your forebears tramping up to the top to spy for the flag. Was that Donnie Mackenzie? You'll know Ken G, KCam, DaveA etc.
Trying to remember the name of the young stalker that was at Couldoran. I suppose he's moved on now maybe.
Beautiful ground up there....seems like you're spying for miles looking up into Coire nan Arr and Coire Attadale...deep corries.

Yep,that`s me but you have me at a disadvantage sir!! I was born on the south beat and worked there as the stalker after my father retired.Know what you mean about reversing horseboxes on the hill. Know all the lads mentioned very well,a grand bunch.
I wonder if the name for the youngster was Calum P.
Cheers Hummel

Back