Some Parker's

6pt-sika

I've added a few Parker shotguns to my accumulation since I used to frequent this forum !

Got three 10 gauge guns ,

The gun at the top in both pics is a Parker EH grade 10 gauge on a #2 frame 30" M/IM and was made in 1889 . The middle gun is an 1884 Grade 2 Parker 10 gauge on a #3 frame with 32" IC/M barrels . And the one on the bottom is a circa 1882 Parker Grade 2 10 gauge lifter hammer gun with 30" IC/M barrels .

Used the 1884 top lever gun to get a brace of whitetails one day during the 2014 season . With handloaded 0 Buck .

Also picked up a circa 1891 Parker 12 gauge GH Damascus gun with 28" IC/M barrels . I was able to knock over a small spike with it on a man drive the next to last day of our season using home cast and loaded Lyman sabot slug .

The slug I cast it fits nicely inside a Claybuster knock off of the WAA12 wad . Gun groups well for three shots from the right barrel at 25 and 50 yards . I use handloaded 0 Buck in the left barrel .

And finally a Parker VHE 20 gauge 28" M/F on an 0 frame . This gun was made in 1929 and had belonged to an old family friend since about 1955 after he got it from the original owner !

Some pics of the engraving on the 1889 EH .

A couple of my 1884 top lever 10 gauge .

Couple more of the 1882 lifter gun .

And finally a couple more of the 1891 12 gauge GH .

This GH 12 gauge has what they call a fishtail lever .

Cheers for taking the time to post this! Some nice old guns you have there! Really great to see your still using them!

I noticed the "splint" on the one how long has that been on?

Those are lovely, and so nice to see these older guns being used for what they were intended for....hunting. How great to harvest those whitetails, and it makes you wonder how many tales the guns could tell of similar hunts in the past.

Nice period engraving as well.

They must bring you a lot of pleasure. :tiphat:

Last edited:
were the 1st three you pictured owned by one person they look to have a lot of drop on the stock

Second that about how nice it is to see fine o old guns still maintained and being used afield by new owners.

There is a 20 gauge like yours in my family. What a perfect size it is.

I hunt with some old Winchesters, Lefevers, Ithacas, and LC Smiths. I have just started restoring the Ithaca. There is something special about knocking down a dove with a Winchester Model 1897 or Model 12.

Great pictures, thanks for posting. I have a lengthy article about Parker shotguns in a copy of the 1981 Guns & Ammo Annual: Parker - The American Classic.
CH

There are some good articles on Parkers in back issues of The Double Gun Journal. You can still order many of the issues

The Double Gun Journal - Master Index page to previous ...

https://www.doublegunshop.com/doublegunjournal_idx.htm

Do you know if there an online index to past issues available, showing what was covered in each issue? I'd be interested in ordering a back copy if there's an issue that features Beretta hammer guns.

Do you know if there an online index to past issues available, showing what was covered in each issue? I'd be interested in ordering a back copy if there's an issue that features Beretta hammer guns.

I would e-mail them, because a lot of the single issues are sold out, but they offer bound volumes of several years, and could tell you which ones have articles about hammer guns and Beretta hammer guns.

[h=2]New for 2007 - Double Gun Journal Index and Reader
Volume 2 (1997-2005)[/h]
Double guns and rifles featured in all articles...
look up the information you want from our back issues with our new
Double Gun Journal Index and Reader volume 2!
Double Gun Journal - Doublegun Journal Index and Reader Volume 2 1997-2005 previous articles on Double Guns

There is also a discussion group on this, at a web site which links dealers of double guns and drillings.
Beretta 403 Hammer Gun? - The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com

I would e-mail them, because a lot of the single issues are sold out, but they offer bound volumes of several years, and could tell you which ones have articles about hammer guns and Beretta hammer guns.

New for 2007 - Double Gun Journal Index and Reader
Volume 2 (1997-2005)

Double guns and rifles featured in all articles...
look up the information you want from our back issues with our new
Double Gun Journal Index and Reader volume 2!
Double Gun Journal - Doublegun Journal Index and Reader Volume 2 1997-2005 previous articles on Double Guns

There is also a discussion group on this, at a web site which links dealers of double guns and drillings.
Beretta 403 Hammer Gun? - The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com

Many thanks, I'll drop them an email.

I have read that thread a few times ;)

If you go to that link for the bound volumes of 8 years ( a bargain at $2.00 an issue), there is an index of each book.

6pt-sika,
Where did you hunt in Virginia? How did you find the style of hunting and terrain, compared to the UK?

Cheers for taking the time to post this! Some nice old guns you have there! Really great to see your still using them!

I noticed the "splint" on the one how long has that been on?

Don't know to be honest !

I suspect it was there before the old fellow had it who I got it from and his daughter told me he'd had the gun for maybe 50 years . If I had to hesitate a guess I would think it was put on there pre 1940 .

were the 1st three you pictured owned by one person they look to have a lot of drop on the stock

They all came from different sources . And yes they all have a bit more drop then a present day gun . However The hammerless 10 and the top lever 10 I can shoot just fine on the skeet or trap field , The lifter 10 however is a bit mush for that . The lifter gun actually has a non Parker stock on it I believe and the drop is immense .

Southern ,

I LIVE in Virgina .

I am an AMERICAN .

Hence the location ORANGE VIRGINA USA .

Last edited:
I wondered if maybe you were a transplant, like some of the Brits and Europeans who have lived and worked in the USA for years at at time.

On Sunday, I handled 3 Parkers, all 12 gauge and very old, very tight, 95% condition. Very nice. Like getting to sit in the seat of an old biplane, without flying it. They are heavier than my Ithaca, much heavier than my Lefever, and more muzzle weight than my Churchill XXV ( one of them was 30 inches)

Yeah whatever .

Lets just say I have a fairly diverse selection of American , Brit and Euro side bys , other then my grandfathers old W&C Scott I prefer the Parker guns although Fox holds a close second in my preference race . And that's after having grown up with a very nice WW Greener tang safety gun as my first shotgun other then a single barrel .

Back