Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 WMR Moderator

22 WMR Moderator

While my FAC is away for a variation i may be thinking of adding a 22 WMR Mod , i can't really make my mind up if it's worth it or not, I was thinking of going all out & buying ASE Utra Jet-Z CBQS Compact but kind of expensive ..
    My brother owns a M77/ 22 WMR & uses a Swift Nightingale Reflex which he says works ok , I do have the common 22lr SAK which is proofed for the 22WMR & my mate has a 22LR ASE Utra , so I may arrange a quick test at the range tomorrow ..
    Just wondering what people are using on there 22WMR any feedback would very helpful ..

My 22WMR is coupled with an ASE Utra Duel Rimfire Suppressor. These are all steel construction and are very robust. They are deigned for use on .22LR, 22WMR and 17HMR. I find the attenuation is excellent on 22WMR. They are strippable for thorough cleaning, the angled baffles, which are replaceable, being removed by means of a steel guide rod. I find it excellent for my needs; however, being constructed of steel, this is reflected in the overall weight and length which others may see as an issue.

When i had my .22WMR I found that a SAK did a perfectly reasonable job. You may well want to go for something more expencive (Depending on your budget) but I'm not sure that there will be much difference in sound moderation.

Thank you for your replys I've arrange a little test tomorrow ASE Rimfire, SAK, Swift Nightingale . Should be interesting .

just out of pure intertest what sort of groupings are you chaps with .22wmr getting and what sort of bullet drop are you getting? only asking as im possibly thinking of upgrading the .17hmr to a .22wmr

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    just out of pure intertest what sort of groupings are you chaps with .22wmr getting and what sort of bullet drop are you getting? only asking as im possibly thinking of upgrading the .17hmr to a .22wmr
    The 30-33 grain ammo has transformed my ruger 22wmr
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    I use Hornady 30g V-Max - shooting off bipod I acheive about 1.5" @ 100 meters (that's where I zero) - at 120 meters it's starting to mortar and you're about an inch low here but still fox lethal. I don't shoot past this much and use a rangefinder. HTH
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    The 30-33 grain ammo has transformed my ruger 22wmr

33gr Remington Accu-tip
    hole on hole at 100 ish

Come over and have a go with mine Dan I have just got 700 rounds of Wmr ammo at a good price

Add the new A-Tec Wave moderator from Jackson Rifles to your list - I've just got one in to try and it's brilliant on the .17HMR, so I reckon it will be just as good on the WMR. It's the same price as a SAK but a tad smaller and lighter.

A.