Thread: New Badge

New Badge

Just got my DSC2 ticket through the post.

Thanks to those of you on SD who helped, you know who you are.

It was an altogether pleasant and painless experience. I met some very interesting people who were not only very professional but good fun to be out with. I found all the AW's through SD. Learnt a few new tricks in the process and it made me brush up on a few things I should have had at front of mind like names of all the lymph nodes and symptoms of all the notifiable diseases (DSC1 was 10 years ago!).

Not sure the deer are going to notice the difference in my now nationally recognised stalking ability, but the FAO was impressed when he visited during the week to sign off a variation and duly wrote it on my file.

Now, also in the big brown envelope was a rather large badge. Can anyone advise me where a newly anointed DSC2 certificate holder should stick it?
    So much to learn and so little time left

I could tell you. But you won't like it
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

I wouldn't have asked the question if I didn't expect any facetious answers Well aware of what you crusty old Jocks think of soft southerners with certificates.

Really not sure that a badge is necessary. Do the BDS really expect people to wear them? Most professional stalkers I know would immediately think you were a right **** and go up the hill at double speed just to make sure you knew your place.

I gave my first one to a beater in Poland, the second to a beater in Lithuania and the third to a beater in Croatia.
    They seem to appreciate them more than we do.

I fine use for them. Hadn't thought of it as potential currency.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    Well aware of what you crusty old Jocks think of soft southerners with certificates.
    I just couldn't resist the obvious

Well done. Sincerely
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care