Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the stalking dream

End of the stalking dream

Well after another 8hrs of the fruitless knocking of doors around the hereford and knighton area trying to find some permission I have decided to knock the stalking idea on the head and go back to just foxing. Even that was a 2hr drive for me. May I wish you all the best for the future guys.

Rob

I know just how you feel Rob,if it was"nt for Dave 223,highseat 6.5,and a few others I was going to give up, I still have none of my own ground,well none with deer,on.
    So I continue to take paid outings, when I can afford it.
    Just hang loose and something may come up,at least you dont live in,shropshire,which a lot less deer than most.
    Tod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka84 View Post
    Well after another 8hrs of the fruitless knocking of doors around the hereford and knighton area trying to find some permission I have decided to knock the stalking idea on the head and go back to just foxing. Even that was a 2hr drive for me. May I wish you all the best for the future guys.

Rob
    "Just foxing"?? You may not know how lucky you are.

Life could be far worse.

K
    Ps: Adopt an approach Mr. Fox would be proud of. Namely cunning. It worked for me many years ago and did not involve poaching a so-called "permission".
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 04-04-2015 at 19:07.

Rob,

don't be put off, you just have to keep trying. There are lots of people in the same position as you due to the increase in popularity of deer stalking, but Britain aint getting any bigger!! Keep knocking, but be prepared to travel. Some of the lads from our neck of the woods are lucky enough to get something local, but most have to travel at least 100 miles for anything decent

Ade

Keep trying, we got some more land for rabbits and foxes and guess what, we found deer on there. Even the farmer didn't know until we told him.

There is always paid stalking. I'm sure a few cull beasts now and then wouldn't break the bank. I wouldn't give up the idea totally.

don't give up ,something may turn up. and there is always paid stalks.

just keep at it mate ,i have a 2hrs drive round trip for bunnies and fox ,you never say never and plod on ,atb doug
    DONT START

The approach I took today was not to mention anything at all about deer and just try and get some more rabbiting permission as a start even though I've got more than enough of that. But no joy - couldn't really believe it some of the hedges I seen were crumbling with the warrens beneath them and farmers were telling me there were no rabbits there. Nevermind

Keep knocking on doors mate as doors will never open for you if you don't knock on the doors.

Good fortune going forward.
    ATB 243 Stalker.