Thread: Film 16: Sako 85 Finnlight

Film 16: Sako 85 Finnlight

Fully agree on the weight. Most rifles are far to heavy. 4kg ready to go is about the maximum accepatable.

Nice video

I don't really notice the weight really , but a slightly heavier rifle does feel more steady

BUT

if the objective is to save weight overall then the finnlight is a step in the right direction but by putting a nearly 1kg PM2 on it kind of wastes all the effort ( it will be a bit lighter tho )

now a Finnlight with a Z6I 2-12x50 ( over half the weight of a PM2 ) now that's a sweet lightweight hill rifle

The goal was to save weight and keep the same capability in the setup, 4kg I can carry all day, 5kg with the Blaser I could carry all day too but this is much nicer. I can't go backwards from the PMII, and *anything* else feels like going backwards!

e: I'd change from the PMII if I felt that there was something lighter of the same quality with the same capability + features, but I don't think there is.
    Last edited by PATHnz; 05-04-2015 at 10:03.

Indeed your choice of scope is strange. Purely out of weight department. There are very good hunting scopes around from about 0.5 to 0.6 kg. Schmidt & Bender was never popular here. Strange we are only 2 hours away from the UK. I have never seen a S&B scope in the field. Shooting men spending money buy Swarovski ( the majority) or Zeiss . Others buy cheap optics.

PMII only weighs 830ish grams and is totally dependable, I will be using the rifle not purely as a hunting rifle - also long range & competitions. None of the lighter "hunting" scopes, while quality, have the features I prefer for such

Quote Originally Posted by PATHnz View Post
    Hey thanks for that. I've been looking through the rest of your channel - really enjoyed it.
    Keep up the good work - for now my hunting is done vicariously through vids like yours
    Cheers
    Hayden

Thanks!

Finished load development...

Nice clips. Over the last years I watched your clips on regular basis. Bloody nice country for an outdoorsman. Very nice clips on rifles and hunting. Thanks. You seem to have recovered your red rear bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Nice clips. Over the last years I watched your clips on regular basis. Bloody nice country for an outdoorsman. Very nice clips on rifles and hunting. Thanks. You seem to have recovered your red rear bag.
    Thanks! That bag is gone forever.... but TH sorted me out with another..