identify this paw print

Sorry ment to say, 1p, that was the closest I could narrow it down too was an otter. It was the only print on the mud. Little surprised if it is an otter at the front of my home have had them at the back couple couple of times when the lake rises.

To try and identify the habitat, I have a large hill in front of my home which there is a beck either side of my house which runs if we have heavy rain then running into lake at the back of my house.

Last edited:
Sorry ment to say, 1p, that was the closest I could narrow it down too was an otter. It was the only print on the mud. Little surprised if it is an otter at the front of my home have had them at the back couple couple of times when the lake rises.

You would be surprised at how small a stream / ditch they will work there way down!! I have seen them in some very funny places over the years!

I would say stoat or thereabouts, it's way too small for otter, and I'd say mink too, plus, you can normally see webbing on the afore mentioned, so smaller mustelid would be my thoughts.

The saga depens. About an hour ago there was a commousion in my hen house, didn't think anything of it.
Just had a walk and found egg shell near my back door, going towards the hen house I find a chicken embryo from a bact that my bantam is brooding on. The embryo I found has come from the shell which we're ten yards apart.
showing the mrs the paw print we fing more egg shell this time brown shell. I reckon sometimg is coming into the garden from the front taking eggs at the back all together is approx 30 yards traveling.

hedge hogs can take eggs too I would have thought mink would have cleared the hen house first.......................................................................................................

Back