Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: identify this paw print

identify this paw print

Hi, just walked out my front gate and noticed this Attachment 54921 I've had a look on Google but can't seem to identify it.

First guess Otter, or again looking at the size, smaller mustelid, what coin is it?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sorry ment to say, 1p, that was the closest I could narrow it down too was an otter. It was the only print on the mud. Little surprised if it is an otter at the front of my home have had them at the back couple couple of times when the lake rises.

To try and identify the habitat, I have a large hill in front of my home which there is a beck either side of my house which runs if we have heavy rain then running into lake at the back of my house.
    Last edited by weeman; 05-04-2015 at 10:46.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    Sorry ment to say, 1p, that was the closest I could narrow it down too was an otter. It was the only print on the mud. Little surprised if it is an otter at the front of my home have had them at the back couple couple of times when the lake rises.
    You would be surprised at how small a stream / ditch they will work there way down!! I have seen them in some very funny places over the years!

Is it not too small for an otter? Size of a 1p could it be a mink

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    Is it not too small for an otter? Size of a 1p could it be a mink

Oops missed the 1p piece thought it was a 2p! Deff to small for a otter I would say

I would say stoat or thereabouts, it's way too small for otter, and I'd say mink too, plus, you can normally see webbing on the afore mentioned, so smaller mustelid would be my thoughts.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Pixies playing with your head
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Just checked and it looks a spot on match for hedgehog......Google it.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink