Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scottcountry yukon photon ..

scottcountry yukon photon ..

Well i was unsure about buying the yukon photon xt at first but was assured from scottcountry (paul ) that if i didnt like it they would rufund so i went ahead and orderd the longrange kit for £420,,

I asked him if there was a problem getting them zeroed and he said no problems and gave me free of charge an adjustable rail and a set of mounts ,,,,

I had trouble getting it zeroed so paul said send it back and they sent me another one same day for next day delivery and then included a set of adjustable sportsmatch mounts,,, Free also

So the new scope is mounted and 3 shots later is bang on zeroed, the capability of this scope is amazing and can easly pick out foxes 250 yrds i will also be using my t67 with ir fitted but only for use on the .223,,its fitted to a brno mod 2 using subs at the moment and the on board ir is very good for rabbits also the upgraded deben ir they send is very good picking out hares at 150 m...

I cant thank scottcountry anough for such an amzing service and thanks for all the free mounts and posting out the replacment even before the first scope was even inspected ,,,,

CHEERS
    Last edited by exmarksman9870; 05-04-2015 at 17:26.
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Picking out hairs at 150metre with a 4.6x mag scope? Sorry but I know your happy with it, but what utter ********.

If the next model is due out within weeks, if as promised, I would think any retailer with old stock on the shelf would be keen to offer all sorts of extras to shift them.

Quote Originally Posted by .243Hunter View Post
    Picking out hairs at 150metre with a 4.6x mag scope? Sorry but I know your happy with it, but what utter ********.
    I suspect, given the context, the OP is talking about hares rather than hairs (sic). Apropos of the thread re: bullets/head nomenclature, this is a good example of how incorrect terminology and/or spelling can cause all sorts of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    Well i was unsure about buying the yukon photon xt at first but was asured from scottcountry (paul ) that if i didnt like it they would rufund so i went ahead and orderd the longrange kit for £420,,

I asked him if there was a problem getting them zeroed and he said no problems and gave me free of charge an adjustable rail and a set of mounts ,,,,

I had trouble getting it zeroed so paul said send it back and they sent me another one same day for next day delivery and then included a set of adjustable sportsmatch mounts,,, Free also

So the new scope is mounted and 3 shots later is bang on zeroed, the capabilties of this scope is amazing and can easly pick out foxes 250 yrds i will also be using my t67 with ir fitted but only for use on the .223,,its fitted to a brno mod 2 using subs at the moment and the onboard ir is very good for rabbits also the upgraded deben ir they send is very good picking out hairs at 150 m...

I cant thank scottcountry anough for such an amzing service and thanks for all the free mounts and posting out the replacment even before the first scope was even inspected ,,,,

CHEERS

What i mean is i could see them in the dark using the upgraded ir...would you like to come with us tonight and see for your self..
    And yes please excuse my spelling mistake but i had rather a heavy night on the drink last night haha hares not hairs...

Quote Originally Posted by .243Hunter View Post
    and still growing.....

we also spotted a fox that showed great interestd to the caller prob 120 m out ,,called it in only for a heard of cows who took great pleasure in chasing around untill it buggerd off...

1000 post lol
    and still growing.....

we also spotted a fox that showed great interestd to the caller prob 120 m out ,,called it in only for a heard of cows who took great pleasure in chasing around untill it buggerd off...
    Now,"interestd", "untill" and "buggerd" all trigger the spell checker.

"heard" doesn't, but it's still a "herd" of cows.

1000 posts - cngretulatns bt u stull donnt gve a tos bout speeling!

But why should I care... have fun with the futon!
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Well i was unsure about buying the yukon photon xt at first but was assured from scottcountry (paul ) that if i didnt like it they would rufund so i went ahead and orderd the longrange kit for £420,,

So the new scope is mounted and 3 shots later is bang on zeroed, the capability of this scope is amazing and can easly pick out foxes 250 yrds i will also be using my t67 with ir fitted but only for use on the .223,,its fitted to a brno mod 2 using subs at the moment and the on board ir is very good for rabbits also the upgraded deben ir they send is very good picking out hares at 150 m...

CHEERS
    Did you manage to turn the battery compartment lock knob all the way round to the fully locked position?.
    I can only do that with no batteries in. With the batteries in I can only turn it about half way to fully locked. It's a concern as if it pops open while the rifle is on my shoulder then I lose the batteries and the nights shooting.
    Anyone else noticed a problem there?
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

My recently purchased Photon XT has the same problem, the cap seems firm enough in the half locked position but it is a worry.