Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stalking with an unmoderated rifle - which hearing protection would you recommend?

Stalking with an unmoderated rifle - which hearing protection would you recommend?

I normally stalk with a moderated rifle, but also have an unmoderated rifle with a Magnaport barrel. For those of you who stalk with unmoderated rifles, what type of hearing protection would you advise based upon your own experiences etc. Thank you 308RWS

Electronic muffs, can't remember what mine are called though

I have a pair of Peltor Sportstac and they are fantastic. I can hear all ambient sound and even amplify it if I'm in a high seat to hear better. Retail around the 90 mark. J

I use electronic ear muffs, they are labeled up as Browning, but who made them I dont know as i have had them about 20 years

Peltor Electronic for high seat but for on foot stalking I don't use protection
    Last edited by Archer; 05-04-2015 at 16:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Biathlonjimmy View Post
    I have a pair of Peltor Sportstac and they are fantastic. I can hear all ambient sound and even amplify it if I'm in a high seat to hear better. Retail around the 90 mark. J
    +1

The batteries seem to run forever.

I use Peltor electronic muffs on the range & sometimes in high seats in parks. For stalking on foot I just have a couple of foam plugs in my pocket & stick them in if I get time before the shot. -- I shoot right handed & always put the left one in first as the left ear is more exposed - If I don't get time to put in the other one - no problem.

When shooting in indoor tunnel ranges which don't have sound baffles, (very very noisy!) I use belt & braces -- plugs plus cans.

Ian

+1 Use them all the time for hunting or down the range.

thats what i've got

I Only use ear protection when zeroing the yellow plug things i don't use anything when stalking .i only use the 270 once in a while and it's not very noisey really
    norma