Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One substantial fox!

One substantial fox!

We were out lamping on Saturday night, and after a while picked up a fox sat on a field edge.

My mate flattened it at around 160 yards, and we trundled forward to pick it - and all thought "blimey, that's a big bugger!"

It was a chunky dog fox, and was so big we decided to weigh it when we got back to the farm later.

Weight? 15kg or 33 lbs.....

One BIG fox.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

He must have been getting his chicken from the fryer haha.

Arr Pee Cee A fattening them up now before release then...
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

That's certainly a big old boy, obviously been feeding well on someones poultry - Or a regular visitor to the local KFC takeaway!
    The biggest I ever took was a 3 legged fox that measured 42 inches from nose to tip of tail. One back leg had been "lost" right on the knee joint which looked so cleanly done that it could easily make you think it was taken off by a vet!
    I'll have a look through my photo storage hard drive and see if i can find a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    That's certainly a big old boy, obviously been feeding well on someones poultry - Or a regular visitor to the local KFC takeaway!
    The biggest I ever took was a 3 legged fox that measured 42 inches from nose to tip of tail. One back leg had been "lost" right on the knee joint which looked so cleanly done that it could easily make you think it was taken off by a vet!
    I'll have a look through my photo storage hard drive and see if i can find a photo.
    I didn't have a tape measure....and didn't think at the time to put my size 10 next to it in the photo for scale. Doh! However long it as, it was a big bugger!!

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    I didn't have a tape measure....and didn't think at the time to put my size 10 next to it in the photo for scale. Doh! However long it as, it was a big bugger!!
    Sorry if you took my post wrongly, I was not questioning your word or the proof of it's size with the photos you put up - In fact, if you read my post again you will see that I started by saying "That's certainly a big old boy" so I was agreeing with you about it's size!

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Sorry if you took my post wrongly, I was not questioning your word or the proof of it's size with the photos you put up - In fact, if you read my post again you will see that I started by saying "That's certainly a big old boy" so I was agreeing with you about it's size!
    No worries - I didn't think you were questioning it, I was kicking myself for not putting my boot next to it!! Slaps self on forehead. Really hard....!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428606375.416062.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	987.3 KB 
ID:	55164 big bugger here too
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK