Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Character attacks

Character attacks

I find it very interesting how quickly posters on this forum resort to character attack because they cannot defend their position on an issue or topic. The problem is often they have nothing but "I think, I feel, or I believe" to justify their position, no formal training and a few years experience other as a hobby shooter/hunter. I may argue a point counter to my personal opinion but only to spark discussion, interesting though is how many posters allow their emotions to quickly get out of hand when they cannot defend their position other than to try to viciously demean others. Just to go on record, I do know what I speak of from either training (US Special Forces and a 2-year resident university gunsmithing program), experience (big and small game in the US and Europe since 1970 and 27 years in Special Forces and of course experience building and repairing guns), or common sense ethics, I do not repeat rumors or make up nonsense and try to pass it on as fact.

SS

Yea, but what do you know?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

The op was a joke wasn't it?

All well and good but bet you've not got a dsc1 have ya ?

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    All well and good but bet you've not got a dsc1 have ya ?
    Nope, bet you don't have a US license or a Jagdschein....

I do have a cycling proficiency badge though
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I did not start this to be about me but about the forum as a whole. Don't worry though, if it is made to be about me I have a thick skin!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Yeah, character attacks are only made by women and youths
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Fact: I have DSC1
    Fact: I sold my .243 for a 6.5x55mm
    Fact: I have Tadpole Swimming Certificate for managing a width in PJs without drowning
    Fact: I'm not entirely sure of the point of this thread, but if it gets half the interest of the last one that MARCBO/SS started, it's going to go downhill quicker than a bus full of fat kids!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Joking aside, you have a valid point. What amazes me sometimes is that no other forum I belong to seems to descend so quickly into ridicule and vitriol. Things seem to be taken incredibly personally, for no apparent reason.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!