Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On a lighter note.

On a lighter note.

Escape to the country?........... Where would you like to land?, myself, I would like to find a 2K valley with a 2 up 2 down cottage at its head,I would then put up a red flag at strategic points along the boundary, along with the legend "Warning, live firing takes place seven days a week, 52 weeks a year! this may include night firing!" Tea may be had on application at the front of house!..................
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Escape to the country?........... Where would you like to land?, myself, I would like to find a 2K valley with a 2 up 2 down cottage at its head,I would then put up a red flag at strategic points along the boundary, along with the legend "Warning, live firing takes place seven days a week, 52 weeks a year! this may include night firing!" Tea may be had on application at the front of house!..................
    FB, Nice! I would like a similar wooded valley, preferably with a river with a good run of sea trout and a nice estuary (or flight ponds) for flighting wildfowl. Devoid of footpaths. Invitation only, armagnac appreciated!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I think you just upgraded somewhat!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Have to be Scotland (when we had Bears, beaver etc). With nobody bar me Failing that I'd go for Canada. House?! 16ft Ceder Canvas prospector canoe, and a Baker tent. I would carry a Marlin Stainless Guide Gun in .45-70, and wear a Racoon skin hat with tail...

Oh golly me.

Sam
    Last edited by Sam; 02-04-2010 at 17:13. Reason: Whoops!
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Sam, you're vergin' on non pc statement there bud! (the hat)

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Sam, you're vergin' on non pc statement there bud! (the hat)

If John Wayne said it it must be ok!

But yes I probably am

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Have to be Scotland (when we had Bears, beaver etc). With nobody bar me Failing that I'd go for Canada. House?! 16ft Ceder Canvas prospector canoe, and a Baker tent. I would carry a Marlin Stainless Guide Gun in .45-70, and wear a Racoon skin hat with tail...

Oh golly me. Sam
    thers still plenty of beaver in scotland hehe

Quote Originally Posted by PAULT View Post
    thers still plenty of beaver in scotland hehe

Sam

Thiis beautiful river valley would have to be in Yorkshire so you could get some decent fish & chips !!

Brianm

I quite fancy a Hoff-house set in 3-400 acres of forest, in a hilly area and a very good 4x4. No one else around and the phone would only work when l rang out!!!!! Gun of choice would be a Heym SR30

Whether this is in Scotland or northen England it doesnt really bother me!

T