Thread: Browning Maxus owners please help !

Browning Maxus owners please help !

Morning chaps,
    Yesterday while out shooting pigeons (in glorious sunny weather) i noticed that the little coloured piece of plastic (hi viz sight) had fallen out...no problem i though, knowing that the gun came with a tiny pot of replacements back at home.

However once i got back though i went to fit a new one and cannot get the job done. I cant work out if a tiny part fell off that locks the bead fell off the gun, if the replacement beads are too small or im just being really thick ? My friend on the phone said just wedge it and glue it but that doesnt seem right...the intructions definitely said about lining up the key on the bead with the key lock...which i cant see

Maxus owners please help, can anyway tell me whats gong on here? Can u send me a pic of the bead on maxus? The instructions said something about aligning up the new bead with the keylock and pushing it in but i cant see any locking / key peice and everytime i slide a new bead in it falls right back out.....

Surely im missing something here....help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20150406-WA0006.jpg   IMG-20150406-WA0003.jpg  
    Last edited by Evillemon; 07-04-2015 at 06:44.

The sight mounting on your Maxus looks different to mine but I imagine the locking principle is similar.

On mine, the plastic sight has a tiny pip on the underside of the triangular bead which locates in the small pocket in the rear end of the metal, barrel mounted, holder(the bit with the 3 rings).

Hope this helps.

Hi Pinkfoot,
    thanks for your reply, yes i saw the little pip underneath and figured that should stick in some where and lock. When i insert the light pipe ( so the triangle end is at the back of the rings) the pipe sticks about 1cm further of the end of the barrel ?? Do u have to trim them down ??
    Last edited by Evillemon; 07-04-2015 at 11:33.

Having compared the mount on my gun with the photo of yours it would appear mine is a longer version. I don't need to trim the the fluorescent rod, it barely emerges from the front ring. Could it be that there are various versions of the Hi-vis sight and you have components from two different types? If the bead you have latches into the base I would just go for it, all the rod is doing is light gathering to illuminate the triangular bead facing you.

I had the same problem with the plastic pipes constantly dropping out, it's a **** design. On my new one I used some PVA glue to hold it in (the white school glue stuff), strong enough to hold
    it in but I can still change then if I want.

On my old Maxus I got some annoyed with it, I brought a new holder the same as my Cynergy.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfoot1 View Post
    Having compared the mount on my gun with the photo of yours it would appear mine is a longer version. I don't need to trim the the fluorescent rod, it barely emerges from the front ring. Could it be that there are various versions of the Hi-vis sight and you have components from two different types? If the bead you have latches into the base I would just go for it, all the rod is doing is light gathering to illuminate the triangular bead facing you.
    yes seriosuly, i think they've given me lite pipes for a different model sight. The sights on the barrel have LPA stamped on them... is that a different brand of sites they've started using? These pipes just dont seem right for the three rings, the pipe is much longer than the rings are? . I have no idea who to contact about this though... who represents Browning in England ?
    Last edited by Evillemon; 07-04-2015 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Evillemon View Post
    I have no idea who to contact about this though... who represents Browning in England ?
    I tried contacting them about my sights and got nowhere, can't remember who the contact is now. Look on browning international website. Good luck.

For 30 swap it for this, that's what I did. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281524006317

Quote Originally Posted by timbeech View Post
    I tried contacting them about my sights and got nowhere, can't remember who the contact is now. Look on browning international website. Good luck.

For 30 swap it for this, that's what I did. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281524006317
    Ive come to the exact same conclusion. Basically it seems like they fitted some maxus guns with LPG sights which is a european brand and they then included a set of hiviz replacement light tubes which obviously dont fit. Ive looked at LPG website in europe and they dont even have an online store u can order from ...soo.....basically yeh been looking at the exact same item u ended up with which from what i gather most of the other maxus guns have anyway. Was it easy to fit? Was it easy to remove the LPG front sight? Looks like it just unscrewes..maybe has a drop of threadlock on it or something

Yeah just unscrews, easy job