Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrol or Landcruiser

Patrol or Landcruiser

Hi,
    later this year I am going to get rid of my van and get an older 4 wheel drive. At 6'7" I am very limited by the 4x4's I can fit into comfortably.

Has anoyone driven both these vehicles, if so which has the most room ans I can't really find them both local to sit in.

Cheers

Ian

land cruser is good but thirsty , my dad had 1 and he is 6ft 4 ,depending what you want it for , a shooting wagon of a family car / shooting wagon ! im the same height and drive a king cab ford ranger , it does every thing i want it to do and i find it perfectly comfortable on a run !

im even driving the old bus to inverness on honey moon with the mrs as co- pilot , GOD HELP ME !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Hi,
    thanks, its not one I had considered. I have just read the review on Parkers guide that says the seat and steering wheel are not height adjustable. Does this cause any problems?

Regards

Ian

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Briarquest View Post
    Hi,
    thanks, its not one I had considered. I have just read the review on Parkers guide that says the seat and steering wheel are not height adjustable. Does this cause any problems?
    Ian

We have a landcruiser (W reg) - I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'1" (although she'll swear she's 5'2"). We both find the Landcruiser easy to drive.

willie_gunn

I run a 4.2 diesel Landcruiser, i've had it for 3 years and done 95k troble free miles! I really rate it.
    They can be thirsty just knocking around but will return good mpg on a run. I would recommend it to anyone.
    I am 6' 2'' and never had any issues.
    If buying an older one i would make sure it had been well serviced as repairs could turn expensive!!
    If you are ever in the Leicester area you are welcome to come and try mine!!

what type of 'cruiser? I've had a lot fo time with 40s (utes/troopys), 60s (wagon) and 70s (utes) and they are leagues ahead of landrovers (in EVERY aspect). I'm 6', they were no problem and the seats could go way back. Steering wheels weren't adjustable though. Are you thinking of a 60, 80 or 100? I think 60s are fantastic vehicles, and the 2H (straight 6 4L diesel) is IMO the best 4x4 motor ever made period - a very low stressed high milage engine (expect 500k km+ before doing rings/bearings. I've heard of them doing over 1m km without rebuilds). The 1HZ (4.2 diesel) found in the 80s and 100s is very good too, but has a timing belt and isn't AS robust but still wipes the floor with any past of present OR offerings. More grunt than the 2H.

I've heard very good things about the TD42 (Nissan 4.2L straight 6 diesel) but no experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by harrygrey382 View Post
    what type of 'cruiser? I've had a lot fo time with 40s (utes/troopys), 60s (wagon) and 70s (utes) and they are leagues ahead of landrovers (in EVERY aspect). I'm 6', they were no problem and the seats could go way back. Steering wheels weren't adjustable though. Are you thinking of a 60, 80 or 100? I think 60s are fantastic vehicles, and the 2H (straight 6 4L diesel) is IMO the best 4x4 motor ever made period - a very low stressed high milage engine (expect 500k km+ before doing rings/bearings. I've heard of them doing over 1m km without rebuilds). The 1HZ (4.2 diesel) found in the 80s and 100s is very good too, but has a timing belt and isn't AS robust but still wipes the floor with any past of present OR offerings. More grunt than the 2H.

I've heard very good things about the TD42 (Nissan 4.2L straight 6 diesel) but no experience with them.
    bloody hel harry thats a gob full !
    lol

Discretion assured

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    bloody hel harry thats a gob full !
    lol
    yeah and probably what he either already knows or doesn't care about - but I'm quite passionate when it comes to the old cruiser/patrol/LR debate! Love the old ones...
    You got those new tyres on yet?

Wow,
    you lost me there Been to the Ford garage this morning and can't fit in the Ranger. My wifes VW Golf has more room in it.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Briarquest View Post
    Wow,
    you lost me there Been to the Ford garage this morning and can't fit in the Ranger. My wifes VW Golf has more room in it.

Ian
    thats a bugger , is that a new ranger or second hand ? mines a 54 plate and got sheds load of room .

cheers

Discretion assured