Thread: For those of us on a budget for tyres.

For those of us on a budget for tyres.

I shod the Jimny with four new tyres last fortnight, have pushed them to the limit & not found them wanting, (considering how twitchy a Jimny can get on wet roundabouts ) 228.00 fitted balaced etc etc including environmental charges... local tyre house in Wrexham did the job with these,..
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.bGg&cad=rja
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Pretty good. Although being a previous and still occasional motorcycle rider, where tyres are more critical than on four wheels, I have a leaning towards top end tyres, in the hope that they not only perform better but last longer. Depends how long you want to keep a vehicle, and it's use of course.

Thats because they are wheel barrow tyres fin , i rebooted my truck 2 weeks ago with some 265x75x16s mud terrains, i was gonna go for ats but they were dearer, i paid 350 fitted, handles way better now than the general grabbers what were on there, they must have been wreaked

The cheapest place I've found for tyres (with excellent service to boot) is oponeo.co.uk. Tyres are couriered direct from Germany to your door (free delivery). My local garage fits them to loose wheels for 10 a wheel. Very good value! I generally use vredestein quatrac 3 all weather tyres on my cars - really good mileage and grip. I've paid 40 for 155/65r13 and about 70 for 205/55r16 delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    The cheapest place I've found for tyres (with excellent service to boot) is oponeo.co.uk. Tyres are couriered direct from Germany to your door (free delivery). My local garage fits them to loose wheels for 10 a wheel. Very good value! I generally use vredestein quatrac 3 all weather tyres on my cars - really good mileage and grip. I've paid 40 for 155/65r13 and about 70 for 205/55r16 delivered.
    I've used tyreleader.co.uk who also deliver direct from Germany and they are always under the price of everywhere I ask locally and most UK online suppliers plus they were delivered within 24 hours.

I use etyres. They are offering mobile fitting, and they are cheaper than many other outlets, including blackcirles, sometimes.