Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help I can not unlock my gun safe.

Help I can not unlock my gun safe.

I have a Brattonsound gunsafe that I canít get un-locked, I have tried with both sets of keys but the lock will not unlock, this is making going stalking real difficult anybody have any advice before I get the 9Ē angle grinder out?

ATB

Tahr

Thar, have you spoken to Bratton sound? It's possible that your lock may have dropped a ward, although it sounds odd for two to go together.
    Last edited by finnbear270; 02-04-2010 at 20:11.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Thar, have you spoken to Bratton sound?
    Hi Steve

I will try that on monday when they open.

ATB

Tahr

Ahhhh have you tried leaning on the door slightly while turning the key?

I ask as one of my cabinets, not a Bratton Sound I might add, but it has developed this slight problem. If I don't press the door into it's recess the key will not turn.

This has probably been covered by your trying with both sets of keys, but I have in the past had a safe-key with a long sticky-out prong on the end of the beard. This was vulnerable to getting bent slightly out of line if the keys were sat on in a pocket, or otherwise roughly dealt with.

It didn't take much of a bend to make it fail to pass the lock. A careful tweak was enough to bring it back on song.

I have one exactly like Kev's , I lean on it to take the pressure off the crossbolt.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Thar

i know this sounds perhaps daft and a tad brutal.........take a block of wood and a sturdy hammer.....place wood over lock hole and deftly clout it acouple of times! do it on each lock. I have a cabinet that responded well from this!!!

let us know the outcome!!

rergards

steve

That would work if the wards are worn. Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Ahhhh have you tried leaning on the door slightly while turning the key?

I ask as one of my cabinets, not a Bratton Sound I might add, but it has developed this slight problem. If I don't press the door into it's recess the key will not turn.
    I tried that Brit' I even tried kicking the feck out the door while I tried to turn the key.

Thanks for your time.

Tahr

Do you have more than one safe?