Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A view of some of my stalking ground

A view of some of my stalking ground

Attachment 55112 Attachment 55113
    Took these pics recently , i thought the one in the snow looked pretty good for a phone camera
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

cracking pics colin lovely,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    Attachment 55112 Attachment 55113
    Took these pics recently , i thought the one in the snow looked pretty good for a phone camera
    Awesome and no problem I'm sure in determining safe shots.

My piece of Heaven on Earth is somewhat more modest but suspect I still see more bl**dy ducks than you despite that awesome flight pond!!

K

Looks a great plot of land ,you lucky chap .

Quite a few ducks on the loch , you can see the Solway estuary in the background ,quite a few geese about there as well
    Attachment 55114 Attachment 55115
    A couple more from the ground we stalk reds on
    Last edited by Solwaystalker; 08-04-2015 at 19:10.

That's something else I need to do. Shot ducks and geese inland, however, never done it on the an estuary. First things first though..this year it is the level 2.

I would be interested in seeing how good archer are. I know it is no where near as good but I took my .22 out the other night with a yuko photon and ir torch and really enjoyed it. Would be nice to see the difference 3K can make.

Hi Wills
    There is a big difference but doesnt need to be as much as 3k , the Photon does my job fine at close range but the Archer is quite a bit clearer , think about 1700 would get one these days

Hi Colin,

thanks for getting back to quickly. I didn't realise that. Basically, like buying a decent scope. I suppose a fair few keepers use them.

Stunning piece of ground and some great photo's. You are a very lucky chap. We don't quite get the same views in Essex.

Although the duck shooting on the Blackwater and the inland flight ponds is pretty stunning. I think Teal are the most sporting birds we have been given. Flighting in just before dark 5 ft off the ground at pace, they are truly challenging. You hear the wooosh of the air across their wings coming past your head and then a splash as they hit the water in front of you before you have time to think "**** me what was that".
    So much to learn and so little time left