Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd how Marcbo's posts attract this kind of attention when other posters can get away with writing comments that are ignorant at best, at worst lies, that defame others, and organisations, to fulfil personal grudges or imagined grievances.

All I can see Marcbo is doing is trying to get a bit of debate going using some pretty tongue in cheek remarks to get a reaction. If you don't like it, don't react. Simple.

Wolfie

I was not confused, you misread my post. I was referring to you. It is interesting to note you seem to have elevated your standards of decorum. Seems to me you were once on another, now dead site, where you developed quite a reputation for being abrasive and obnoxious. I on the other hand, have not tried to be abrasive but promote discussion of facts not heresay or the "king's new clothes". Like it or not my posts have increased hits on your site and your bottom line. If you see those who make personal attacks or resort to name calling as members whose actions are of more value to this site than my comments, insights or attempts at humour, the members of this forum are the real losers.

SS

You are again incorrect in your asumption. I am not a member of any other site, although I have looked on other sites and that has not occured for a long time. If you dont like the way we run this site I suggest you find another site. Or maybe its you that has been banned from other sites.

You seem to think that by your prescence on here that this site has moved forward and posts have increased. Excuse me while i pick myself up off the floor from laughing.

You are again incorrect in your asumption. I am not a member of any other site, although I have looked on other sites and that has not occured for a long time. If you dont like the way we run this site I suggest you find another site. Or maybe its you that has been banned from other sites.

You seem to think that by your prescence on here that this site has moved forward and posts have increased. Excuse me while i pick myself up off the floor from laughing.

Once again you failed to read my post, I said your were on another forum. I also said number of hits not posts. Hits are what makes a site attractive to advertisers, the more hits the more advertising a site stands to gain. But in the end, I think Lupus put it quite well "If you don't like, it don't react".

This is of course unless everyone here is required to think the same.

SS

Seems you have failed to be polite again even though I have asked politlty. Furthermore you seem to not like being asked to be polite and therefore I see little sense in your staying on this site.

Does remind me of that scene from Monty python meaning of life with the American arguing with the grim reaper.

Seems you have failed to be polite again even though I have asked politlty. Furthermore you seem to not like being asked to be polite and therefore I see little sense in your staying on this site.

I am afraid to say that you seem to be behaving like a playground bully and totally over reacting. Yes you are a site owner but that is no excuse and indeed your manners and behaviour should be above reproach.... rather than license to throw your weight around.

poor show

I am sure that many on here are looking on in amazement and as always keeping stum to avoid flack ...

Well you cant please every one can you. And I have asked on several occasions for the OP to be polite only for more uncalled for remarks to be poured into the site again.

Trying to moderate at times is a thank less task I am afraid.

I am afraid to say that you seem to be behaving like a playground bully and totally over reacting. Yes you are a site owner but that is no excuse and indeed your manners and behaviour should be above reproach.... rather than license to throw your weight around.

poor show

I am sure that many on here are looking on in amazement and as always keeping stum to avoid flack ...

Really! As members of a forum we should be able to speak our minds ,if not it just becomes another club and as such would be devalued.

However at least 90% of the OP posts have been contraversial,and brought absolutely nothing to the forum, again we have the choice of whether to get involved or ignore them, but he has now resorted to accusations and down right rudeness.

Many have been banned for less in IMO

Really! As members of a forum we should be able to speak our minds ,if not it just becomes another club and as such would be devalued.

However at least 90% of the OP posts have been contraversial,and brought absolutely nothing to the forum, again we have the choice of whether to get involved or ignore them, but he has now resorted to accusations and down right rudeness.

Many have been banned for less in IMO

I totally agree with you Bogtrotter. Why should we have to put up with downright rudeness especially when it adds nothing constructive to this site.

I read a lot of marcbo's comments and for reasons best known to himself he seemed to like stirring trouble and trolling , early on I challenged him about it but was ignored , also later , again ignored.

he seems a bright person and his 27 years special forces service shouldn't be sniffed at , I doubt you'd find a british special forces guy with 27 years of service but different countries have different standards and different ideas of what special forces entails.

personally I wouldn't want to be a mod (I find this site fairly even handed) but good old marcbo seemed a little narcissistic to me and gained some sort of perverse pleasure from being 'controversial' he made accusations that he was guilty of himself as well !

I read admins posts on this as politely asking him to stop being a pillock and enjoy the forum in an adult manner , fairly simple stuff really?

Most people that claim to have been 'special forces' actually aren't!;) (More like 'special needs'!:D) Those that have served as such tend to be a little more secretive!
I am glad to see him gone as he brought nothing but trouble from what I could see. I must admit that the site has gone downhill recently to some extent with the amount of 'foreign' posts which bare no relevance or understanding to how we operate in the UK. I don't wish to tar all those abroad with the same brush either, as there are some great regular posters on here from overseas such as Muir!:thumb:
Being a sceptical type as I am, I can't help but think that some of the more 'Troll like' foreign members might have been banned from similar forums in their own country? I've never yet felt the need to join foreign forums.
MS

If dinosaurs had the same survival luck as some of us staying on SD they would be walking up your street?

is 243 dinosaur legal ?

Yeah ...as long as you head shoot them at under 1700 ft-lbs ME !!!

Like ...Doh!!!!

Thank Goodness someone has finally pulled the plug on the Zombie Thread Creator!

Now as a Consultant once said to me "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!"

That told me! :oops:

Most people that claim to have been 'special forces' actually aren't!;) (More like 'special needs'!:D) Those that have served as such tend to be a little more secretive!
I am glad to see him gone as he brought nothing but trouble from what I could see. I must admit that the site has gone downhill recently to some extent with the amount of 'foreign' posts which bare no relevance or understanding to how we operate in the UK. I don't wish to tar all those abroad with the same brush either, as there are some great regular posters on here from overseas such as Muir!:thumb:
Being a sceptical type as I am, I can't help but think that some of the more 'Troll like' foreign members might have been banned from similar forums in their own country? I've never yet felt the need to join foreign forums.
MS

I love foreign forums because it gives me an insight how things are different and they same around the world. I travel a lot so I always have a open eye just like my father when he left Scotland in merchant navy. I generally find one mans troll is another persons insight into concepts I haven't considered. Marco may have overstepped the mark with the mods, and that is their call but if you can't learn anything from foreigners why are there so many threads on Bavarian Mountain Hounds in a British Stalking Forum ?

I love foreign forums because it gives me an insight how things are different and they same around the world. I travel a lot so I always have a open eye just like my father when he left Scotland in merchant navy. I generally find one mans troll is another persons insight into concepts I haven't considered. Marco may have overstepped the mark with the mods, and that is their call but if you can't learn anything from foreigners why are there so many threads on Bavarian Mountain Hounds in a British Stalking Forum ?

There are members from abroad on SD who contribute a great deal to the forum. The likes of Muir, Southern, Sharkey and even sometimes yourself who bring a great deal of intresting knowledge to SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back