• The Welsh one

1 0.68%
  • The Greens

3 2.03%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see if we can predict the outcome of the General Election

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Lets see if we can predict the outcome of the General Election

Given the diverse nature of SD I thought it would be interesting to see if we can predict the outcome of the election.
    Your vote is NOT shown
    Last edited by teyhan1; 09-04-2015 at 20:51.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

I predict that the populous will lose
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I predict that we all won't get the result we need or wish for and the likes of us at the lower end will get more of the same (voted UKIP)

Regular Poster
    I predict that UKIP will gain a significant percent of the vote, approx 22% by my reckoning, but only gain 3-5 currently marginal seats due to the first past the post system and the county wide distribution of their voters. As a result they, backed by the lib dems, will push for a major shake up of the political system. The Lib Dems will gain around 8-10% of the vote and the rest will be split relatively evenly between Labour and Conservative, maybe leaning slightly towards Labour due to their stance on tax avoidance. As a result another coalition is very likely, although several options exist towards its actual composition. Labour could form a coalition with the SNP, whilst the conservatives would have to band together with the Lib Dems again. Despite wide popular support, UKIP will have no real power in the near future (although they could still have a large influence on certain issues due to the fact that all politicians will be aware that they represent a large proportion of the population). In terms of what will actually happen to the country, my best estimate is very little, so yeah, unless you happen to like the status quo (and who does), the populace will lose. I suspect voter turn out will be up significantly for this election over the last one, due to people unhappy with the mainstream parties seeing UKIP as a genuine candidate worthy of their support. Thoughts?

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Who voted for the GREENS?
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Just out of curiosity, what genuine alternative is UKIP offering those considering voting for them?
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

You'll not get a fair cross-section of society on here I'm afraid so your poll will be very biased! Think about the sort of people that generally shoot deer? White males? Middle/High working class?
    No criminal record? Countryside orientated and in support of the landed gentry?. Many serving or ex military? Few on benefits other than disability maybe? It can only really go one way. Your poll already reflects this.
    MS

I did vote UKIP last year in the local elections as a kind of protest vote I suppose. It felt good and probably worked to some extent as it raised other parties view that immigration is actually quite high on most peoples list. However, voting UKIP in the generals could be quite dangerous as it could give Labour a sniff which would once again cripple our country.

Coalition with SNP.

MS I suspect you might be correct but north of the wall. Middle /High class no criminal record in support of the landed gentry. Not many benefits.?
    Sorry mate that described a good few I know. Christ I know many that have been on benefits near all there life in fact have made an extremely good career of them and go stalking twice or more a week.