Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric mincer from lidl, 29.99 3 year warranty!

Electric mincer from lidl, 29.99 3 year warranty!

Hi all,

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-...etail&id=22380

Went to lidl yesterday and stumbled across these, thought for the money id take a punt. Didn't expect to be using it so soon but my mate had a roe buck last night so used it this morning. Does exactly what it says on the tin. all the parts are metal and it feels very solid, did a good job and its less than the price of most hand mincers.....

Just thought it give everyone the heads up!

Cheers

KS
    Stealthy, like a giraffe on roller-skates....

Looks to be a very good copy of our Kenwood,
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The price certainly belies the actual quality of the product. Its not top of the range at all but it really cannot be faulted for 30. Im sure the kenwood is better quality though

Hi got one a few years back, only lasted for a couple roe. Took it back got a full refund. The following year when on offer I brought another just incase I had a dodgy one first time round and it went tits up after a few times use.

Ok john, good to know. Ive got the receipt taped to the box so wont be afraid to take it back if needs be

cheers

KS

If you are doing small volumes of mince, I would be more inclined to go for this manual mincer from Lakeland for 25, that effectively has a lifetime warranty:

I have burnt out a few of the cheap end mincers over the years, and while a warranty is fine, when halfway through a few pounds of meat to be minced a 3 years warranty isn't a whole lot of help.

Quote Originally Posted by J o h n View Post
    Hi got one a few years back, only lasted for a couple roe. Took it back got a full refund. The following year when on offer I brought another just incase I had a dodgy one first time round and it went tits up after a few times use.
    +1 exactly the same problem I had. The motor us not man enough and burns out very quickly.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Looks to be a very good copy of our Kenwood,
    Steve

I use a Kenwood as well and have been pleasantly surprised how effective it is. It's got through numerous roe and muntjac over the years, most noticeably when the keeper asked if I wanted "one or two" muntjac and then gave me seven!

Dom
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

got one years ago from lidl must have put 50ish roe through it and it is fine, it was a 500 watt unit though so I suspect that will help

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow_Stalker View Post
    Ok john, good to know. Ive got the receipt taped to the box so wont be afraid to take it back if needs be

cheers

KS
    On the plus side, there was not hassle getting a refund.