Thread: Labour and licence fees hike

Labour and licence fees hike

I see that the Labour party have made it policy to hike certificate fees again should they come into power. On top of the recent fees increase which I thought were reasonably fair, the only explanation for this could be toff bashing. They say it's to reflect the true cost of the service, but if that were the case, they would look at a whole raft of services the government provide, such as driving licences, passports, prescriptions and so on. But no, only what the great unwashed, whose votes they covet, want, or so they think.

Of course they fail to realise, sitting in their inner city heartlands, that most shooters are indeed ordinary working folk that live outside the cities (and indeed some in) who are as likely to vote Labour as their city cousins (except in Scotland). I don't expect that this will be a great vote winner or loser really. But all the same, something to be aware of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I see that the Labour party have made it policy to hike certificate fees again should they come into power. On top of the recent fees increase which I thought were reasonably fair, the only explanation for this could be toff bashing. They say it's to reflect the true cost of the service, but if that were the case, they would look at a whole raft of services the government provide, such as driving licences, passports, prescriptions and so on. But no, only what the great unwashed, whose votes they covet, want, or so they think.

Of course they fail to realise, sitting in their inner city heartlands, that most shooters are indeed ordinary working folk that live outside the cities (and indeed some in) who are as likely to vote Labour as their city cousins (except in Scotland). I don't expect that this will be a great vote winner or loser really. But all the same, something to be aware of folks.
    Who says that the Conservatives won't ? I understand that the new fees will be subject to a review next year whoever forms the new Govt.

We're doomed, all doomed I tell you.