Thread: Leafy camo mesh type jacket thing!

Leafy camo mesh type jacket thing!

Hope someone knows what I'm talking about!

I'm after a size large, leaf camo over jacket with hood. The sort made from mesh with strips of cut out material stitched on, ideally in a lighter rather than darker colour.

I can get one from Cabelas or possibly Bushwear but I thought I would try on here first in case anyone has one they don't use.

Thanks,
    Glyn.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Hope someone knows what I'm talking about!

I'm after a size large, leaf camo over jacket with hood. The sort made from mesh with strips of cut out material stitched on, ideally in a lighter rather than darker colour.

I can get one from Cabelas or possibly Bushwear but I thought I would try on here first in case anyone has one they don't use.

Thanks,
    Glyn.
    Glyn

I know exactly what you mean...similar to one of these but with a mesh jacket rather than solid fabric (in this case Dry-Plus, Cabelas answer to Gore Tex):

This one is made by Cabelas. It's size 2XL REGULAR fit - I only have that size because my arms are so long .

I picked it up cheap, but I've never had reason to use it, so it's brand new.

If you'd like to try it, or know the measurements, let me know.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 10-04-2015 at 15:38.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks Dom, that's the type of thing and just the right colour too but I would definitely need the mesh version as it is for summer use.

That looks ideal for hind stalking. I think it would sell easily on here if you wanted to move it on.

Dry Plus is good, I had a Cabelas waterproof suit made from it when I worked in the NWT. It performed very well.
    Last edited by Glyn 1; 10-04-2015 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Thats the type of thing and just the right colour too but I would definitely need the mesh version as it is for summer use.

That looks ideal for hind stalking. I think it would sell easily on here if you wanted to move it on.

Dry Plus is good, I had a Cabelas waterproof suit made from it when I worked in the NWT. It performed very well.
    Glyn

You could always go commando when wearing it

Seriously, though, thanks for the feedback. I'll work on packaging it up and then offering it for sale, as I can't think I'll ever have a real need for it....which of course means the day after I sell it I'll find a need for it

Good luck with finding the mesh type

Well spotted - this looks similar(ish) and one of the reviews mentions the mesh fabric: Nitehawk 3D Leaf Ghillie Suit Woodland Camo/Camouflage Deer Stalking XL/XXL

Glyn 1
    You can buy the ghillie vests on eBay and and make one yourself by cutting up a couple old pairs of camo trousers and sandbags !

I think I got one kicking about in attic will have a look when get back home Monday . Be free too a good home too

Hi , I have a Mossy Oak mesh Ghilllie jacket with integral hood, 23 inch armpit to armpit, large chest pocket, this has never been worn, 45, cheers Davie.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehair View Post
    Hi , I have a Mossy Oak mesh Ghilllie jacket with integral hood, 23 inch armpit to armpit, large chest pocket, this has never been worn, 45, cheers Davie.
    Thanks for the offer Davie, sounds ideal but I've just committed to buy another very similar item.

I got a very good response to this wanted add. Well worth doing if you need something thats a little bit obscure.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehair View Post
    Thanks for the offer Davie, sounds ideal but I've just committed to buy another very similar item.

I got a very good response to this wanted add. Well worth doing if you need something thats a little bit obscure.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.