Thread: .308 cal Remington 700 - heavy barrel in tactical stock

.308 cal Remington 700 - heavy barrel in tactical stock

A very good Remington model 700 SPS Varmint .308 cal bolt action rifle in a Bell & Carlson Medallist Varmint/Tactical stock and with a 'Tactical Magic' Picatinny rail. 25" heavy target barrel (screwcut for a moderator) with an excellent bore. Comes with a SYSS Sportac model 615 sound moderator. Can sell moderator separately for GBP 125.

Collected from south Beds or happy to RFD - RFD at cost

Last edited by Webley Boy; 29-04-2015 at 14:20. Reason: Scope sold - amended advert
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

More detailed description added today.
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

Hi
    Would you kindly give complete details on the scope. Any modifications done to the rifle?
    What is the make of the barrel? twist rate? round count please.

Hi,

The scope has a few light scuff marks to the outer body (no dents) and a tiny bit of 'finger' wear to the anodizing on the turrets but the optics are perfect. It has the NP-R2 reticle and .25 moa turrets. The barrel is a factory Remington heavy barrel with a 1 in 12 twist rate. The bore is excellent with no wear that I can discern. I am sorry but I don't know the round count as the rifle belonged to a chap who sadly is no longer with us.

No modifications that I can see other than the barreled action has been taken out of the original SPS stock (available if required) and put in the B&C Medallist stock.

Regards,

WB

Scope now sold. Rifle and mod still for sale (see amended advert).

WB