Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I might have made it a bit big!

I might have made it a bit big!

New high seat, built by my own fair hand.

Put it up this evening, sat at the top for 15 minutes watching the world go by and saw 3 Roe Buck. Good thing I didn't have my rifle with me!

It is as solid as a rock, built from 4*2 and 2*2 treated timber and then treated again. Fits together using 10 coach bolts.

Bit worried about the wind. Might have to tie it down!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150410_002.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	409.1 KB 
ID:	55202
    So much to learn and so little time left

good one stick some wires on it,good to go,
    DONT START

You'll probably get away with driving posts in at each leg and bolting the seat to them. It will save putting wires into the park if it's going to get used for anything.

Looks well made though mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick9abf View Post
    You'll probably get away with driving posts in at each leg and bolting the seat to them. It will save putting wires into the park if it's going to get used for anything.

Looks well made though mate!
    That's another plan, might be better. Was planning on driving in marquee pegs and strapping it down to them, but it does give you something else to fall over in the dark.

Nice, it looks like one that my mate Russ built, it's so high we call it the 'nose bleed'
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

Excellent ..................
    Any chance of putting the plans or measurements up on SD so other members can build one too?

Quote Originally Posted by donsider View Post
    Excellent ..................
    Any chance of putting the plans or measurements up on SD so other members can build one too?
    There were no plans involved I'm afraid, I just made a supersized version of one a saw in a picture with a few modifications.

Your head is at 4.5 meters, using 4.8 meter 4*2's as the legs. They seem plenty stable enough. The steps used 2*2's and the shooting rail was back to 4*2's as I wanted something really solid.

I will take some better pics when I'm up there next week so you can see a bit more detail if you want to build your own.

looks like you need some AC lights on that bad boy
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

You could fit a stair lift, save you getting puffed climbing it
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Was wondering if it might need lights on it for low flying aircraft.

No danger of any unsafe shots anyway. Always a big problem in that bit of woodland with a footpath down one side and a road down the other. Just got to get the placement right for anything half close.