Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why so many pointless threads lately?

Why so many pointless threads lately?

Just recently I have been seeing some pretty pointless threads popping up. I have always seen The Stalking Directory as a great place for picking up hints, tips and information but some of these threads seem to have no point or reason to them except to provoke arguments - And most of them are from overseas "shooters(?)". Just as importantly these guys who start these pointless threads seem to start these "argumentative" or pointless threads off and don't seem to want to follow them through or reply to them when questioned!
    Can anyone explain why this trend seems has started?

Folk with nothing to say but who still need to say something.
    Example...
    One reply to a recent thread said "I can't be bothered to reply to this rubbish"..

Intelligent debate With humour is getting rarer.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Frenchieboy it is an open forum and therefore we encourage all to join and partake of polite discussion. However we keep a close eye on the site and will take the appropriate action if a thread starts to go sour. As of late we have had one or two pointless threads started, and a shot has been put across the bows so to speak
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Just recently I have been seeing some pretty pointless threads popping up. I have always seen The Stalking Directory as a great place for picking up hints, tips and information but some of these threads seem to have no point or reason to them except to provoke arguments - And most of them are from overseas "shooters(?)". Just as importantly these guys who start these pointless threads seem to start these "argumentative" or pointless threads off and don't seem to want to follow them through or reply to them when questioned!
    This thread would appear to meet most of the criteria of your complaint….well done!

Alan

I'm unsure I want to answer this thread as you are an embraressment to stalking and should have your license revoked immediately.

A big big boy told me to say that and ran away.

Did I mention shooting a red stag with a 12ft lb. air rifle? Dropped him on the spot at 100 yards.........
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    I'm unsure I want to answer this thread as you are an embraressment to stalking and should have your license revoked immediately.

A big big boy told me to say that and ran away.

Did I mention shooting a red stag with a 12ft lb. air rifle? Dropped him on the spot at 100 yards.........
    No you didn't mention it, was it a head shot?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    I've been too busy to notice the last few months, but it is getting more difficult to think of a topic that hasn't been covered already and then getting the reply.... "use the search facility"
    Problem is, if you search "bow hunting" or "500yd head shot" there's nothing
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

How about a thread about the thrills of strafing feral pigs from a chopper, overseas, where respect for quarry is not an ethical consideration but contrasted with the barbarity of halal slaughter in the UK?

I'd rather somebody posted something rather than nothing at all, you don't have to reply !
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

You could allways fall back on the old ,FOR SALE ploy ! if you had a waistcoat for sale that is,,,,,regards doug,
    DONT START