optilocks for a 56mm scope

scoie

Could someone please advise on the minimum height I can get away with , I'm fitting a docter 8x56 to my 85 hunter ( slimmer profile barrel) , its 30mm tube and the outside diameter is a little over 60mm , can I get away with meduims. Or will I need the high optilocks , thanks
Craig

Depends on your scope position. If you need the eyepiece or power ring to clear the base you might need higher rings. It happened to me and I ended up having to buy another set of higher rings to be able to mount the scope more forward.

Low rings will be fine. I had a zeiss 56 objective scope with outside diameter of 62mm on a sako 85 varmint on low optilocks.

That's a relief - I've just speculatively added a set of S/H lows to a private sale thinking they should fit. Now, does anyone have Picatinny bases to go with them?

low ones should be ok mines an 8x56 no probs in optis,doug,ps mines a s/b like gelerts on a t3 hunter

Last edited:
Low wouldn't fit on my tikka t3 with a 56 and I just brought some high ones fore my new meopta R2 in 56 ,sorry to throw a spanner in the works

That's a relief - I've just speculatively added a set of S/H lows to a private sale thinking they should fit. Now, does anyone have Picatinny bases to go with them?
If you're buying optilocks they're not pica but proprietary bases, recoil stud on rear and tapered on the front.
http://www.sako.fi/scope-mounts

low should be ok with that barrel profile and the ring/base.
If you have the rarer one piece "ring mount" and they'll be mighty tight.

Last edited:
Thanks. Chaps , have a set of low on the way so fingers crossed , ill take a nats cocks , lol

If you're buying optilocks they're not pica but proprietary bases, recoil stud on rear and tapered on the front.
http://www.sako.fi/scope-mounts

low should be ok with that barrel profile and the ring/base.
If you have the rarer one piece "ring mount" and they'll be mighty tight.

Apologies for lack of clarity - the rifle came with a rail already fitted so I'm going to see if I can use it, and need new rings for the new scope hence piggybacking this thread to try and find out more. Here's hoping...

Back