Thread: bushnell scout 1000 rangefinder??

bushnell scout 1000 rangefinder??

Does any body use this rangefinder and if so what do they think, seems pretty cheap and i dont mind spending more but i doubt if it will get used much only really for zeroing/target at different ranges out to 500 yard. If not this one then what one should i go for ? 400 tops on the budget, so long as the wife doesn't read this post.

Thanks Cervushunter

I had the Bushnell 450 Scout which worked fine out to 800 yards.

I enjoyed this device !

Cannot remember where I left it !!!

Brianm

What ever i get i will try not to do the same as you , but i have managed to lose two pairs of stalking sticks and i am currently looking for a glove, oh and i have left behind a fellow stalker i took out,

I've got one, don't know out to 500yds, don't shoot that distance, but out to 200yds it is spot on. Ideal for checking ranges from an unfamiliar high seat and not that expensive.

Oberon

I have one as well and it does my job just fine. Out to 400ish yards, maybe a little more, it will range most reasonable things I point it at. After that and it needs to be ideal conditions to get reliable ranging. I've ranged stuff in the 900 yard region when I first got it and was playing but that needs to be a white gable wall on a fairly large house or similar.

I also used it in fog/mist recently, the viz was maybe 150 yards max with less at times. I was aware this would have an impact but didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. Even with a pretty reflective target 60 - 70 yards was max. Of course when I thought about it this did make sense as the laser was travelling twice the 70 yards putting it pretty close to the max viz on the day.

I couldn't justify spending more on one but I find my Scout does everything I need it to do for my stalking plus most stuff I range "just because I can" and so I don't need any more. Swaro etc. are going to be much better as a lot more care is taken with their laser and optics but I personally have no practical use for the extra distance they give.

Very nice piece of kit, inexpensive and lightweight too!

Depends on what ranges you are shooting.Most deer are shot at less than 100m.I personally dont shoot over 250 so no need for a rangefinder

mickjgardner
    Depends on what ranges you are shooting.Most deer are shot at less than 100m.I personally dont shoot over 250 so no need for a rangefinder

Hi Mick the reason i wanted one was for a bit of target shooting at further ranges and sometimes estimating ranges over certain ground at certain light levels can be difficult, the other day i had a couple of well known stalkers off this site down and they both had range finders, on my own ground they had a better idea of range than me!! even so they were out by about 50 yards at times on ranges up to 300 yards and that i believe could amount to a possible lost deer, I have not shot to my knowledge a deer past 210 yards according to google earth

hi
    i have one and found it accurate,tested next to a leica the results were very similar.although a longer ranges or less than ideal conditions the leica probably respons more often.as in less non readings.the leica though has far superior glass and a bit more magnification .the bushnell should be fine for most uses

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I had the Bushnell 450 Scout which worked fine out to 800 yards.

I enjoyed this device !

Cannot remember where I left it !!!

Brianm
    i 2nd this good bit of kit , i only use it for zeroing @ 100 , 150 yds ect also bloody handy if on unfirmiluar ground !

cheers

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.