Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minox ZP scopes

Minox ZP scopes

Morning all,

Has anyone seen any of these in the flesh and/or know the RRP for the UK? The ZP5 3-15x50 looks quite interesting as a one size fits all if you'd like to shoot out to some distance occasionally and would like target turrets, hopefully without paying Zeiss, Schmidt or Swaro prices. Maybe a rival for Nightforce?

MINOX: Overview ZP TAC.

All best,

Z.

I've asked Minox, and will get back with an answer, or hopefully they will post themselves
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Best information I have is:

TACTICAL SCOPES - 30mm TUBES RRP
    ZA5i HD 1.2-6x 24mm TAC Red Dot £869.00
    ZA5i HD 3-15x 50mm SF TAC Red Dot £769.00
    ZA5i HD 5-25x 56mm TAC Red Dot £869.00

Thanks Greymaster and I. Farticus

I'm assuming that the ZP's will be more expensive than the ZA's but I'd be delighted to be told that this is not the case!

All best,

Z.

Did anyone have any joy with this? I. Farticus, any joy from Minox themselves?

All best,

Z.

I was looking at the same thing today. If you see the ZA5 prices in the USA or Europe and check them with the above prices you can deduce the ZP prices, which are basically £2k plus http://www.optics-trade.eu/shop/en/m...fle-scope.html Remember you can order from Europe without customs silliness.

I decided on a ZA5.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zeissman View Post
    Did anyone have any joy with this? I. Farticus, any joy from Minox themselves?

All best,

Z.
    Morning.
    No nothing back, so I've given them a nudge
    Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks guys. Gosh, at £2k+ they would really going have to prove themselves against the top end of the market. Hopefully they can publish UK RRP soon.

All best,

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeissman View Post
    Thanks guys. Gosh, at £2k+ they would really going have to prove themselves against the top end of the market. Hopefully they can publish UK RRP soon.

All best,

Z
    Not £2K+ but £1,999 for all 3 models - so a fair bit cheaper than a Vortex Razor and cheaper still than a Nightforce NXS. First impressions are seriously good too and I think they will hold their own in that company.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Thanks Mr Gain,

Good info. Are they for sale here yet?

RRP and actual sale price are obviously different but £1999 is relatively close to S&B/Swaro/Zeiss prices if one is going to spend that kind of money on a scope and those brands hold their value pretty well. Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh and investigating properly when they become available near me. Nightforce will almost certainly have their work cut out as you say. I don't know anything about Vortex so can't comment.

I have to say, my hill binos are Minox and I love them so I'm prepared to be convinced, I was just hoping that there would be say a £750 or £1k difference to make any future purchasing decisions that much easier!

All best,

Z.