Thread: Kids safety helmets for use on a Quad bike

Kids safety helmets for use on a Quad bike

Just back from Devon and my daughter appears to be keener on riding a quad than a horse, but I fear she will need a safety helmet any suggestins for suitable one for a small 10 yr old girl?

D

Go to a quad dealers or bike garage and try them on. What suits one may well not suit another

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Go to a quad dealers or bike garage and try them on. What suits one may well not suit another
    What he said. Worth travelling a wee bit if needs be to a good/large bike dealership as a lot of smaller ones will only have one brand at each Price point. The assistant should be able to check the fit. Don't be sucked in by marketing, any helmet that fits will do it's job.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

bought both my grand daughters quads and proper quad / motorbike helmets, do NOT get bicycle helmets they are totally unsuitable
    get the best you can afford

Motor X style full face helmet and a proper neck brace, both available from motorcycle shops.
    A good many motor x shops will have a good range of stuff in kids sizes.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Motor X style full face helmet and a proper neck brace, both available from motorcycle shops.
    A good many motor x shops will have a good range of stuff in kids sizes.

Neil.
    +1, a lot of quads in NZ, also a lot of accidents, 2 deaths last week, neither had safety gear.

Whatever type you go for make sure it is correctly fitted and worn. I would say that a very high percentage of women and children that wear cycle helmets use them incorrectly with them perched right on the back of their heads and the strap done up very loosely. This leaves all of the very important frontal part of the brain exposed to injury.

If you have a $5 head have a $5 helmet, cant encourage every one who should wear a helmet to wear one. We see loads of children on the local trails with helmets on and parents who don't bother, weird. Tom