Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have Zeiss lost the plot?

Have Zeiss lost the plot?

Last week I managed to get to look at the new range of Zeiss scopes, they look very impressive, however it appears if you purchase one then you would be unable to mount it as it seems 36mm rings are currently unavailable. 36mm rings are mde by IOPR and 3rd Eye Tactical and others.

Surely if Zeiss were on the ball they would have made sure a suitable source of such obscure size rings was avaialble or better still provided them with the scope then at least the dealers could actually sell them.

I was assured in one shop that they could get rings next day but another more trusted shop was quite honest and said they been waiting for weeks and no sign of availability.

Hardly helps in getting somebody to shell out 2k scope which they can't fit.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Last week I managed to get to look at the new range of Zeiss scopes, they look very impressive, however it appears if you purchase one then you would be unable to mount it as it seems 36mm rings are currently unavailable. 36mm rings are mde by IOPR and 3rd Eye Tactical and others.

Surely if Zeiss were on the ball they would have made sure a suitable source of such obscure size rings was avaialble or better still provided them with the scope then at least the dealers could actually sell them.

I was assured in one shop that they could get rings next day but another more trusted shop was quite honest and said they been waiting for weeks and no sign of availability.

Hardly helps in getting somebody to shell out 2k scope which they can't fit.

D
    Rail mount... no need for rings

Yes that's exactly it. The V8's can come with the M mount (rail mount) system that is exceptional. There are ring systems for 36mm tubes for those that don't choose the rail mount but it's up to the customer to choose what works for them

My Frriend had no problem getting 36mm rings for his V8 he got them from Alan Rhone he supplies Recknagle rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    Yes that's exactly it. The V8's can come with the M mount (rail mount) system that is exceptional. There are ring systems for 36mm tubes for those that don't choose the rail mount but it's up to the customer to choose what works for them
    I had the Swaro Rail Mount with a z6i on my Blaser, then I went back to rings...... the sooner I can get back to a rail the better! far better system the only reason there aren't more rail mounted scopes around is the slow progress of acceptance.. give it 20 years and rings will be as old fashioned as clip fed top loading magazines!

Rail mount all the way on my Mauser m03

the swarovski rail is the best design out of them all as it uses teeth to lock the scope in place all the rest are friction held

but all rail systems are better than rings

tell me again why we need 36mm tubes?

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    tell me again why we need 36mm tubes?
    the more the available elevation adjustment & zoom range the more space is needed..

I admit I thought the same, the V8's ive sold have all been rail and fitted to blasers.
    The ones who want rings have been pointed to the Lecia magnus which i reckon is the V8's equal and on a 30mm tube. Both great but the mounting system is the BIG issue.

i have a v8 and use the rail system.