Thread: Grumpy old git syndrom.

Grumpy old git syndrom.

I went on the phone this morning, feeling quite calm, to book a table for 10 for a birthday lunch.
    By the time I had come off the phone, I had steam coming out of both ears.

This was due to the young lady at the restaurant end speaking at a mile a minute, not listening,asking question after question and swiftly moving on to the next question when an answer had been given. It felt more like a cross examination in court than a civilised conversation.

She probably had a degree in hospitality but she left a lot to be desired. It reminded me of when, as a service engineer I had to contact the company call desk. I don't know how these girls breath, they just talk non stop. If you're not careful you forget what you were phoning for and end up talking into a phone that's hung up at the other end.
    It's the modern way

Little bit of a rant.

Turning into a gog (grumpy old git).

I blame sd, it must have rubbed off on me from here
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Lots of these youngsters are on stuff, a recognised sign of amphetamine use is talking as you described!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I learnt a tecnique for this sort of people working off a scrip, you just you keep interrupting and backing them up to three or four questions you asked earlier.
    It stops them dead in there tracks because they learnt it off a scrip and they have to keep thinking back and if you are consistant it destroys their consentration.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

She got really frosty when,after saying "excuse me" Three Times, I think this would go a lot better if you gave me a chance to speak, I am the customer after all".

She was probably thinking.... grumpy old git

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    She got really frosty when,after saying "excuse me" Three Times, I think this would go a lot better if you gave me a chance to speak, I am the customer after all".

She was probably thinking.... grumpy old git

If she was thinking that you were a grumpy old git then I hate to think what some of the "cold callers" think of me with the things that I say to some of them who phone time and time again day in and day out week after week! I suspect that it is much more than "Grumpy old git"!

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    I went on the phone this morning, feeling quite calm, to book a table for 10 for a birthday lunch.
    By the time I had come off the phone, I had steam coming out of both ears.

This was due to the young lady at the restaurant end speaking at a mile a minute, not listening,asking question after question and swiftly moving on to the next question when an answer had been given. It felt more like a cross examination in court than a civilised conversation.

She probably had a degree in hospitality but she left a lot to be desired. It reminded me of when, as a service engineer I had to contact the company call desk. I don't know how these girls breath, they just talk non stop. If you're not careful you forget what you were phoning for and end up talking into a phone that's hung up at the other end.
    It's the modern way

Little bit of a rant.

Turning into a gog (grumpy old git).

I blame sd, it must have rubbed off on me from here

Charlie perhaps it was your heavy breathing !!!!!
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

She was probably texting one pal and emailing another while "talking" to me.
    They probably teach that at hospitality degree level.
    I should give up on this art of conversation thing and just do it by email.

Another wee grump