Trail Cam Success

rogue trader

So after having lots of unsuccessful tries with my trail cam I have finally come into some luck. I found a spot in some thick scrub where I had seen a few muntjac bolt to when I had bumped them whilst they have been out feeding on the paddock. I was using a Swann camera with it set on triple photo. I check the camera at the weekend after leaving it out for a month and had over 280 photos, of which the vast majority were of a youngish buck seen in the first photo, a larger buck seen in the second and third photo. A couple of Does also made an appearance with one having a fawn in tow who can be seen in the third photo with the large buck. The camera also managed to snap a badger bolting through and two of the fox seen in the forth photo. I had expected to see more of the fox as there is a den in the middle of the paddock about 70m away and I've been told cubs have been seen so I though they would appear a lot more.

SUNP0075.jpgSUNP0156.jpgSUNP0157.jpgSUNP0161.jpg

So after leaving the trail camera out for about a month I thought I'd check out what it had managed to catch.

I'm not sure who was more surprised with the first photo that popped up, me or my mother-in-law who was sat beside me. After a red faces I scrolled through the rest and was pleasantly surprised to see a Roe Doe. She appeared in about 7 photos but this was unfortunately the best one of her. I've seen a Doe in the woodland nearby but in the middle of the in-law's garden before.

I've now moved the camera to a slightly different spot where I found some fraying which I'm hoping will be a Roe Buck.

SUNP0094.jpgSUNP0034.jpgSUNP0202.jpgSUNP0345.jpg

Back