Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Ranger

Ford Ranger

Mrs Finnbear fetched a Ford Ranger home last week, part of an evaluation set up at her work, Now I have spent a great deal of time in an L200 when Mike owned one, without taking the Ranger off road she was unable to give an opinion on it's pro's or con's, but she asked my opinion on the general side of things compared to the L200, the first thing that stuck out was the full sized leg room given to rear seat passengers, a complete opposite to the cramped conditions I had been in when in L200's, anyone have experience of a 14 plate Ranger off road?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have a Ranger but unfortunately a 1978 vintage 4x4. Gets almost 10 miles per gallon....

SS

A bit - a day's driving in fairly messy conditions as part of a comparison test day, so a bit stage managed and not on standard rubber. I've spent more time in Amaroks, Ssangyongs and L200s plus LR station wagons and G-Wagens etc and thought the Ranger was sound and capable, plus had a sensible-sized cabin as you said.

To edit: this was a current spec model.

Can only go by my experiences with a 58 plate Ranger, they are good with just BF Goodridges on (AT' s). No reason to think the current model will be any different

Of the three I've owned L200, Land Rover pick up and Ranger... I'd go for the Ranger again..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I think there is more variation (poor performance) in modern 4x4's abilities off road caused by in the main the driver, followed by the rubber that's on them....

Sounds like you may know a lot about rubber that drivers wear??

I have a 12 plate Ranger with ATs on. Nowhere near as good as a similarly shod Disc/Defender. A bit underwhelmed to be honest.

An old 'keeper told me long time ago that "ye dinna go to the hill wi' yer slippers laddie" that's why i hunt with a Defender...

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    An old 'keeper told me long time ago that "ye dinna go to the hill wi' yer slippers laddie" that's why i hunt with a Defender...
    +1
    So much to learn and so little time left