Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which one.

which one.

6x42. Schmitt or Leopold ? Opinions please. Not interested on any others or variations.
    Cheers, Tusker.

I've got Schmidt 6x42s on two .177 pcp airguns, a .308 and a .270.
    I also had a Leupold 6x42 on my .22lr. I replaced that one with a second-hand Kahles 6x42, as I prefered the thicker reticle for lamping. The reticle of the Leupold failed after a while on the 308 of the fellow I sold it to.
    Last edited by Dalua; 13-04-2015 at 21:25.

Schmidt over the leupold I own a couple of 6x42 schmidts and have compared them to a lot of others zeiss Swarovski ect and the Schmidt will hold its own with any of them really tough no frills hunting scopes with some of the best glass you can get what's not to like...

Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    Schmidt over the leupold I own a couple of 6x42 schmidts and have compared them to a lot of others zeiss Swarovski ect and the Schmidt will hold its own with any of them really tough no frills hunting scopes with some of the best glass you can get what's not to like...
    Yes, I am leaning that way. Love Schmidt but just wondered if I was missing ought.
    Tuasker
    Last edited by tusker; 13-04-2015 at 21:40. Reason: spelling

Hi Mark, I have a Schmidt 6 x 42 on my .222 and wouldn't want anything else.

Just another point of note of the two schmidts I own one is Hungarian mounted on my 17 rem for the past 10 or 12 years the other is German which now sits on my 22lr after being replaced on my 308 with a zeiss diatial 7x50 on comparing these three scopes on many different occasions I can tell little difference between any of them as regards performance in low light they are all top notch and will allow you to shoot to a point when you know it really is time to go home....

S&B for me I've had both and allways found europiean to be a little bit better. Much prefer the fast focus eye piece over leoupolds lock nut type. Allways think it going to come off in my hand��. As to German or Hungarian I can't see any difference in quality only price.

Schmidt hands down

had a loup for many years then won a S&B did not like it at all always found the reticule far too heavy then again I like fine reticule. Maybe I got odd one!
    Still everyone says I am a bit odd