Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Boots?

New Boots?

Looking to replace my ageing pair of Le Chameau Mouflons. I have heard that the new ones are not as well made, can anyone confirm this or advise of the alternatives - either the tall Harkila ones or Meindl Douvre Extremes. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvid8x57 View Post
    Looking to replace my ageing pair of Le Chameau Mouflons. I have heard that the new ones are not as well made, can anyone confirm this or advise of the alternatives - either the tall Harkila ones or Meindl Douvre Extremes. Many thanks.
    Plenty of threads on this subject. My first , second and third choice would be meindl Dovre .

Quote Originally Posted by biffo View Post
    Plenty of threads on this subject. My first , second and third choice would be meindl Dovre .
    +1

I have loads of boots , Danners/Lundhags, etc, but a pleasant surprise came from a pair of workboots I had for Christmas 2013, they were "safety boots" although the toe caps must be some sort of composite or maybe nylon, very light weight to wear, I wore them stalking one outing,& then quite a few more outings, they outshone a good portion of boot offerings I have had over the years! These only in brown, http://www.foot-pain-explored.com/im...premacy200.jpg
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Meindl for me too.

I got mine from hill and dale. 240 ish

http://www.hillanddaleoutdoors.co.uk/

Thanks for that - decision now much easier

Red wing boots, awesome and much much more comfortable than the afor mentioned makes.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Meindl for me too, I have just bought my second pair from Millets online, 132.00p delivered FOC, Great outdoors had the same boots for 165.00p, which is one penny over RRP!!, my first pair are in great shape, but I always try to keep a second pair in case

Hi Corvid, my first pair of Mouflons lasted me 7 years! I wear them about twice a week on average. Second pair only lasted 18 months. Definate drop in quality. I've now gone down the Dovre extreme route, had them 3 yrs now and they're still looking very fresh. Time will tell though.
    Hope this helps.
    ATB Lee