Buying bullets from Brownells

Greener Jim

As the title really. As they come outside of the UK they don't have t go through an RFD but will BrownellsUK do this?
Anyone ordered trough them (or MidwayUK) before?

not that I am aware of (too many hoops)
they ship to an RFD though

you are better finding a US supplier willing to ship IMO
MidwayUK and now Brownells don't appear to have any stock of value sitting in the UK hence the reason it takes 6 weeks to get a cleaning jag!

Well screw that then!
Trying t get stuff local isn't easy and the places upcountry who can get 'em need to send Sec 5 courier so it's a bomb!

Cheers mate

I haven't tried them but Reloading International in US seems to post bullets over here.

They do seem pretty cheap, what are they like importing into the uk? Guessing there is no import duties on them. What's the shipping costs like?

By coincidence I have just ordered a couple of boxes of Hornady .458 from Alpinhunting (325Gr FTX and 350Gr Interlock FP)

I did my first order with them last year between Xmas and New Year. Wasn't particularly quick to arrive but I'm sure the time of year didn't help..

They do seem pretty cheap, what are they like importing into the uk? Guessing there is no import duties on them. What's the shipping costs like?

10 Euro shipping cost for the three boxes recently ordered (included some .270) and certainly for the last order no duties. Arrived in the normal mail.

Richard, please keep me informed as to which you prefer. It's a shame they took so long to get here. What cartridge are they going in?

Mike, how long does it usually take for you to get bullets that you order?

Only ordered from them once, it took about 3 weeks I think to receive my goods (they were out of stock when I placed the order).

I bought from Midway UK a few years back. I was after some Scirocco 2's and they were the only ones I could find who sold them. Turned out they were only 5 miles away from me in Witham, Essex so I went to collect. It was a terrace house in a residential area. He invited me in for a coffee, he went through the shipments he had in that week and found my bullets, all in his front room.

For a company that put themselves over as a huge international dealer I was a bit surprised.

Richard, please keep me informed as to which you prefer. It's a shame they took so long to get here. What cartridge are they going in?

Mike, how long does it usually take for you to get bullets that you order?

Hi Jim, They are for a Marlin 45-70. I haven't had it very long so will be experimenting for a while. I still have to get a seating die suitable for the FTX LEVERevolution pointed bullets. The last order were all .243 and in stock, they probably took 3 weeks for delivery but it was at Christmas as mentioned.

Another Euro supplier is Shooting Supplies Home apparently my Marlin shoots the 350Gr HN Sport bullets very well but I assume they aren't really expanding bullets? But it's still a half inch hole!! Pretty cost effective though at 61Euro for 250 coppered bullets.

I bought from Midway UK a few years back. I was after some Scirocco 2's and they were the only ones I could find who sold them. Turned out they were only 5 miles away from me in Witham, Essex so I went to collect. It was a terrace house in a residential area. He invited me in for a coffee, he went through the shipments he had in that week and found my bullets, all in his front room.

For a company that put themselves over as a huge international dealer I was a bit surprised.

I dont know what branch of Midway UK you dealt with because the one i dealt with had always been based in Warwick

Ian.

Last edited:
Hi Jim, They are for a Marlin 45-70. I haven't had it very long so will be experimenting for a while. I still have to get a seating die suitable for the FTX LEVERevolution pointed bullets. The last order were all .243 and in stock, they probably took 3 weeks for delivery but it was at Christmas as mentioned.

Another Euro supplier is Shooting Supplies Home apparently my Marlin shoots the 350Gr HN Sport bullets very well but I assume they aren't really expanding bullets? But it's still a half inch hole!! Pretty cost effective though at 61Euro for 250 coppered bullets.

Yeah those are the copper washed ones aren't they?

I've been shooting some cast bullets and I should have some 500gr Hornadys coming soon but I'd like something around the 350gr mark for deer.
I can push them pretty fast but will probably just push them a little faster than a 45-70 lever gun load due to fear of too rapid expansion. I guess I could try TSX :)

I ordered some bullets from Brownells not long ago.....had no dramas.....delivered to my rfd within 3-4 weeks if i recall correctly.

Back