Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cla 2015

Cla 2015

Highly amusing to read in Gun Trade News that the CLA Game Fair have 'dropped' 100 trade stands this year as they were not good enough 'quality". Really?....nothing to do with the fact that exhibitors are dropping out in droves due to being charged in excess of 1000 FOR A 3 METRE PIECE OF GRASS???!!!
    Last edited by Hunting Solutions; 16-04-2015 at 15:18.

I like plenty of stands, then I can choose the quality to match my pocket. Shows used to be places to pick up a bargain, traders won't have many cut price items trying to regain fees on top of expenses. Tom

The last couple of times I've gone, bargains have been thin on the ground. A good day out of course and a chance to see stuff before you buy it, not always possible at your local emporium. There's always a good choice of what you want, too. But to go there expecting good clobber cheap is, it appears, a thing of the past.

Game Fairs USED to be about a good couple of days out where you could sample a vast variety of goods from the local one man band making crooks sticks etc to the top end fancy stalls, that most liked too view but very few could afford, along with the usual competitions in fly casting etc ,now its ALL about making money on the day for the organisers, if the price of 1000 for 3mt of grass is correct, no wonder the small guys have been forced out, the only way it will change is for people to send feedback to organisers and complain,, or do what I do, just dont bother going

I wanted to buy one of those child's snap-cap shotguns last year. We were struggling to find one so I found Fur Feather and Fins website on my phone, saw that they stocked them and then located their stand in the program. The gun was DEARER on their stand than their website by 20!! I asked them if they'd match their own price and they said "No- order it online!"
    Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

All of the game fairs are not like they use to be, seems the organiser are more about making greater profits. Last year the local game fair was 25 each to get in and had all of about 50 stands, took 30 minutes to walk round, took longer to get a coffee than it did to go round the show ground. Has steadily got worse and worse every year!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post
    Highly amusing to read in Gun Trade News that the CLA Game Fair have 'dropped' 100 trade stands this year as they were not good enough 'quality". Really?....nothing to do with the fact that exhibitors are dropping out in droves due to being charged in excess of 1000 FOR A 3 METRE PIECE OF GRASS???!!!
    The NGO has publicly stated that it won't be going because of the cost:

The request by the CLA for more money this year was a factor in the NGO National Committee's decision to review our attendance at the game fair

Here's the link in full: http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.u...game-fair-2015

It has been going downhill in the last few years, with less stands. The cheaper 'bargain' stands are fewer and farther in between. I especially noticed how the fishing area has shrunk to half the size it used to be. We would normally have bought tickets by now but are probably not going this year. The camping also go stupidly expensive a couple of years ago & they backed down a bit on that.

Quote Originally Posted by nicowilson View Post
    The NGO has publicly stated that it won't be going because of the cost:

The request by the CLA for more money this year was a factor in the NGO National Committee's decision to review our attendance at the game fair

Here's the link in full: http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.u...game-fair-2015
    I'm informed that the CLA wanted ten grand pitch fees from the NGO this year.

keeps us from going near it ,robbing hood n his merry men at work.our local show is a tenner to get in and chatsworth is a giant shop but theres still bargins there .like the gamekeepers at catton hall as well a local show for local people .they havent got that its easier to make ten quid a hundred times than a thousand quid once.when the organisers are set looking at the piddly little amount of revenue they might have a price review but im not holding my breath