Scum

I was shooting near Camberley a few years ago, & the stubble fields we almost invariably covered with tyres tracks from pikeys out after hare & deer. Filthy scum

i used to shoe horses and stitch harness for the travelers in the mid sixties up until seventy five then we moved to shetland , the ones we did work for ,i wouldnt say were salt of the earth ,but paid on the nail ,somthing the race horse folk dodnt ,they did walling work fencing and draining around the farms some sharpened knives and tools , ,they proberly nicked a hen and put it in there coops they carried under the carts , but by and large they were no bother the police never bothered them , so ether that age group have passed on ,or the newer lot you all speak have a difrent outlook and values ,or they are drop outs playing the life on the road and using it to do just what they want, not the travelers i remember but by the sound of it we in shetland are glad to be without them , perhaps the ferry fare stops them in there tracks.

This goes on in every county.

If there is evidence leading to identification of those responsible the authorities will act on it.

Crimestoppers is a useful and anonymous tool for reporting those individuals call 0800 555 111

I can't speak for other force areas, but I know Lancashire are very active in pursuing this type of criminal - lets not forget that the individuals concerned are rarely interested in just the deer or coursing hares etc,,,,,,

This goes on in every county.

If there is evidence leading to identification of those responsible the authorities will act on it.

Crimestoppers is a useful and anonymous tool for reporting those individuals call 0800 555 111

I can't speak for other force areas, but I know Lancashire are very active in pursuing this type of criminal - lets not forget that the individuals concerned are rarely interested in just the deer or coursing hares etc,,,,,,

I must be living on a different planet to you. You must have hundreds of convictions every week in the courts then?

When I was a teenager I was in the Berkshire Mountains at our old farm hunting deer. I was in a stand of birch listening to a commotion in the forest when whitetail doe jumped the stone wall into the pasture and staggered up within a few feet of me in the deep snow. Within seconds 5 dogs jumped the wall on her trail. I killed the first with a 12ga slug, and another three with "00" buckshot from my Ithaca Deer Slayer. The doe was so worn out she didn't even move at the shot. Just looked at me, trembling from exhaustion. I trotted off after the fifth dog but never saw it again. I have always wondered how that doe fared.

Deliberately using dogs to haul down deer? I think I'd shoot their handlers.~Muir

Cases are few, though there are several on going and yes there have been convictions.

In the area I work we have displaced activity through hard work and perseverance.

If there is insufficient evidence for one type of activity there is usually something else which can be used such as cruelty or neglect of their own animals (if for instance they are injured during their "sport")

A recent case saw a ten year banning order on dog ownership, £5k in costs and a suspended sentence issued by the presiding magistrates

Cases are few, though there are several on going and yes there have been convictions.

In the area I work we have displaced activity through hard work and perseverance.

If there is insufficient evidence for one type of activity there is usually something else which can be used such as cruelty or neglect of their own animals (if for instance they are injured during their "sport")

A recent case saw a ten year banning order on dog ownership, £5k in costs and a suspended sentence issued by the presiding magistrates
It is very good to hear of convictions going on. A conviction for a normal person would be a deterrent but for these people I wonder.

Very good, but if it was a "travelling person" then costs will not have been paid, he'll now have more dogs and how you going to jail him when you don't know where he lives ? So really they may as well have not bothered, it would have been cheaper.
There is only one way with these sort, catch them in the act, put them in the cells then straight to court and prison. :thumb:

Not even any use banning them from keeping dogs as all they do then is say they are not mine they are my misses,dogs,and once bailed they do a runner,

I dont know what the answer is confiscating vehicles ,no good they just steal one for the night,confiscate dogs no good they get more dogs,you cant even arrest because as i said they get bailed and do one, so how can you prosecute someone who,s never going to get to court ,thats why its so prevalent all over and its not just (pikeys) its the same lads that at one time would get a rabbit or two or the odd pheasant,to them its just another step up the scally ladder like badger digging was in the 70s,now its more mobile drive down any lane spot a deer and then move on so less chance of being spotted unless like these clowns they film themselves,its a tough one to sort out, doug,

So shall we just say xxck it and give up?

No not give up at all .
Fight fire with fire. Use the only laws they understand.

Laws are only applicable to those who abide by them. They don't care about the law, courts, police or any form of authority. They are above the law.
But like in Belfast in the troubles they feared the people who dished out the punishments.

I seem to remember a TV documentary about gypsy folk and the showed on telly the lads going shooting an air rifle at rabbits without permission from the land owner and also showed them coursing deer with dogs !! Now as this docu was post hunting with hounds by a long time how come the police never prosecuted ''filmed and shown on Nat tv I'd say is pretty solid evidence'' also I'd of prosecuted the film crew for being party to the crime! !
Regards
Jimmy

They were raided and 10 dogs were seized. Some deer carcasses and a shoulder mount stag were confiscated. Also 20K worth of cocaine found. F##cking drug dealing knackers. I love seeing these getting what they deserve.
But on another note, aside from what these plonkers did, leaving the stag to fight with three or four dogs and not having the balls to put the animal out of his misery, isn't it similar to wild boar hunting with dogs. The same thing happens.
Also stag hunting, with baying hounds, albeit that like to get stuck in to the stag when they have him at bay.
I understand that the idea is to finish the animal as soon as possible but how soon is soon in real life scenarios

No not give up at all .
Fight fire with fire. Use the only laws they understand.

Laws are only applicable to those who abide by them. They don't care about the law, courts, police or any form of authority. They are above the law.
But like in Belfast in the troubles they feared the people who dished out the punishments.
Knee cap them? :tiphat:

I see we have the usual hard nuts on here,
Yoda it was the people they feared doing the drug dealing, poaching, thieving etc, and are still doing it today, both sides of the border.

I hear a lot of them here in Dover blowing off in the pubs about going lurching as if it was their right to do it to compensate them for being born into a dregs of the earth sink estate family.
Kneecapping them of course is not allowed but as is the case in the death penalty debate if it was there would be no repeat offenders.
Martin

They were raided and 10 dogs were seized. Some deer carcasses and a shoulder mount stag were confiscated. Also 20K worth of cocaine found. F##cking drug dealing knackers. I love seeing these getting what they deserve.
But on another note, aside from what these plonkers did, leaving the stag to fight with three or four dogs and not having the balls to put the animal out of his misery, isn't it similar to wild boar hunting with dogs. The same thing happens.
Also stag hunting, with baying hounds, albeit that like to get stuck in to the stag when they have him at bay.
I understand that the idea is to finish the animal as soon as possible but how soon is soon in real life scenarios

Was in a wealthy manor in the New Forest not long back..

Pictures of hunting with the Deer Hounds all over the place and the trophy leg underneath.

Back