Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Trousers

Sporting Trousers

Following on from a range of recent threads I've decided to invest my newly released pension cash in a new magazine aimed at stalkers which will be called "Sporting Trousers."

The general purpose of the mag will be to address the issues, availability and problems with trousers in the area of deer stalking. It is intended that every article in the magazine will be sponsored by a well known trouser making company and will focus on how it is necessary to wear their trousers in order to effectively shoot deer.

With this in mind I'm looking to see what the SD members think of this idea and also to gauge the interest in various types of articles so, in the first instance, would you be interested in such a magazine?

If so would you be interested in material that focused on:

1) How the cammo pattern allowed you to get in closer than you could have if wearing your mother's apron.
    2) How effective the fly zipper was when you wanted to take a leak?
    3) How silent the trousers were thereby allowing you to get within 3 feet of the deer before slamming the bolt of your Blaser shut, but not before ensuring that children and vulnerable adults had been cleared from a 5 mile radius in case something should go wrong.
    4) Whether the manufacturer was likely to release a new, modified, pair that you just must have if you are to shoot a deer on a time scale of every 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or annually?
    5) The safety features of the trousers and whether they could be worn uncocked and, if so, whether getting decocked was a painful experience for the user.
    6) The dangers of trouser wearing such as the potential to sit on a slightly sharp stone, jump up with a shout and cause a nearby crow to take to the air flying into the engine of a light aircraft which happens to be passing leading to it crashing into a small river and the avgas running down the river, flowing out to sea, setting fire to an oil rig and destroying the whole UK oil industry, economy and millions of lives.

Needless to say if other SD users have ideas for articles then I will do my best to ensure that their areas of interest would be addressed.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    Following on from a range of recent threads I've decided to invest my newly released pension cash in a new magazine aimed at stalkers which will be called "Sporting Trousers."

The general purpose of the mag will be to address the issues, availability and problems with trousers in the area of deer stalking. It is intended that every article in the magazine will be sponsored by a well known trouser making company and will focus on how it is necessary to wear their trousers in order to effectively shoot deer.

With this in mind I'm looking to see what the SD members think of this idea and also to gauge the interest in various types of articles so, in the first instance, would you be interested in such a magazine?

If so would you be interested in material that focused on:

1) How the cammo pattern allowed you to get in closer than you could have if wearing your mother's apron.
    2) How effective the fly zipper was when you wanted to take a leak?
    3) How silent the trousers were thereby allowing you to get within 3 feet of the deer before slamming the bolt of your Blaser shut, but not before ensuring that children and vulnerable adults had been cleared from a 5 mile radius in case something should go wrong.
    4) Whether the manufacturer was likely to release a new, modified, pair that you just must have if you are to shoot a deer on a time scale of every 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or annually?
    5) The safety features of the trousers and whether they could be worn uncocked and, if so, whether getting decocked was a painful experience for the user.
    6) The dangers of trouser wearing such as the potential to sit on a slightly sharp stone, jump up with a shout and cause a nearby crow to take to the air flying into the engine of a light aircraft which happens to be passing leading to it crashing into a small river and the avgas running down the river, flowing out to sea, setting fire to an oil rig and destroying the whole UK oil industry, economy and millions of lives.

Needless to say if other SD users have ideas for articles then I will do my best to ensure that their areas of interest would be addressed.
    now that is a good post , ended up snorting beer down me nose

Not sure about an article but if you saw what i wrap around my legs,(i wont say wear)because they are only held on and up with 7yrs of snot and blood from countless bunnies /fox/pheasants /ducks plus roughly a half dozen cotton bobbins worth of stitching and gravity,the zips stick or dont work ,so frightening the odd petrol attendant with said babys arm flailing in the breeze at some un godly hour, funny tho my fox whistle has never fell out! not camo either they are a loden beige green brown colour plus they have never fit proper, hang off my deriere like stingercargills skirt, ive even turned the bottoms over about four inches so as to catch any thing i happen to drop, but they just seem to work ,i think i will be hard pressed to replace them,total cost 45quid plus a few bobbins over the years,
    DONT START

I thought this was going to be a spoof thread, but I'm delighted to see that you are actually in earnest here.

So, bearing in mind the deleterious effect of huge multinational trouser-corporations on both the aesthetics and ethics of the lally-drag trade, I would strongly advice that a keen editorial interest be taken in domestic artisan-trouserers in order that their skill and craft be promoted.
    Inferior (naturally) but none the less interesting would be the work of pantaloneurs-de-chasse, Jadghosenschneidermeister, and other Continental practitioners of the Dark Art.

I would only be interested if it also catered for the female stalkers, and had pics of available very short, very tight female attire.

Just in the interests of equality you understand.

Sounds pants to me
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Can I pitch an article on the virtues of stalking while wearing Levi's?

What percentage of the moral majority would be offended?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Is it true that the first issue will have an article extolling the virtues of the newly-released HD trousers over the old Classic trousers?

Also, let me know if there's space for an editorial piece on why so many people needlessly abuse straight-pull trousers.

Lastly, but most importantly I think, any chance of a field test of scent-lok trousers to see if they really have put the wind up the opposition?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post

What percentage of the moral majority would be offended?
    I'm not sure that pantalons de Nimes have a place in the sporting field. 501's might be excused as classics of the type, I suppose.
    However, last time I put a pair on I was accused of looking like a superannuated rent-boy. They were white ones, though.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Will they be Levi 501's or 243's - their model for youths and women?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!