Thread: Loading for a Blaser R8

Loading for a Blaser R8

About to start reloading for my R8 in 257 Weatherby , is it better to full size each time for the Blaser or is neck sizing ok ? First time moving to the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by 7-08Ai View Post
    About to start reloading for my R8 in 257 Weatherby , is it better to full size each time for the Blaser or is neck sizing ok ? First time moving to the dark side
    I don't shoot a Blaser, so take this as a generic comment: I now pretty much full length resize all my cases. They just seem less finicky and more reliable... and they are every bit as accurate as neck sized cases in my guns. It was interesting to note that the new Lyman manual I picked up a couple of week back also stated there was no advantage to neck sizing brass, and all their load development and accuracy testing was done with FL resized brass.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I don't shoot a Blaser, so take this as a generic comment: I now pretty much full length resize all my cases. They just seem less finicky and more reliable... and they are every bit as accurate as neck sized cases in my guns. It was interesting to note that the new Lyman manual I picked up a couple of week back also stated there was no advantage to neck sizing brass, and all their load development and accuracy testing was done with FL resized brass.~Muir
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 7-08Ai View Post
    Blaser can be a bit finicky and my advise would be to fullsize from the start as this is the way most end up going with blasers .
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Full length size all mine and it's deadly accurate, i think you'd probably be wasting your time neck sizing to be honest, i doubt you'd notice any difference.

I neck size for my R93 with no problems. I was told all sorts of bad stuff would happen to me and started off full length sizing before converting. I have neck sized cases that are on a lot (probably 15 or more) of firings, some with book max loads, and have had no problems at all and have never had a case fail to chamber. I use Lapua brass and literally just take the new brass out of the box, put a bullet in it, and neck size from there on so I have cases newer cases on maybe 5+ firings that have never seen a full length sizing.

My honest reason for doing this is that I'm lazy and neck sizing is a little faster as there is no messing with lube, and cleaning it off again. I use a lee collet die. I've never seen any difference in accuracy either way.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/