Pleasant smells.

finnbear270

My most favourite smell, brings on memories by the dozen, Napier's gun oil, wet fowling pieces from my youth, (a side by side ten bore):love:

smells

Old Eley paper crtridges, i still have a few old ones and my friend and i reminice when we smell them just after firing.

My dad used to make up stock oil, from Artists Quality linseed and AQ turpentine. When using it, even today, it takes me straight back to childhood and helping dad clean the guns. Happy days.

ft

Cordite from the guns

or

opening my beehives on a warm summer day - honey & wax aroma:D

2lb sticks of carbolic.

Someone call Finnbear a taxi:lol: "carbolic soap" thats OCD isnt it?

The smell of burning cordite for me If only my better half would wear it instead of perfume, might even stay in a bit more!!
Second thoughts perhaps not:!:

Wet spaniel drying in front of the fire (though Mrs Mole disagrees on that one)

Plus 1 for Dawnraider's Play-doh

ahh,[deep intake of breath].
castrol r i tried overdosing on that once on a triumph trident. but for me nothing comes close than the smell of avgas and two stroke fumes going over bray hill at six in the morning flat out .:D:D

I love the smell of my own wind, always smells like deer gralloch....come on you know what I mean!!!

Carbolic reminds me of living with my Grandparents for some of my earlier years, Dad was in the R.E.M.E., (that's Royal engineers made easy), & Mum was having trouble with T.B....................Wet spaniels...O.K., but I prefer that biscuity smell round pups ears.

Back