Sako 75 iv action scope mounting

Home Loader

Afternoon all
I have a sako 75 iv action coming soon, and am looking at different scope mounts has anyone ever used a rail mount scope?
thanks

Same here, I've had my 75 about 11 years. Fitted Optilocks from brand new, haven't touched them since. Checked the screws etc whenever I've suspected a shift in my zero and never ever found anything to have worked loose in all that time. If it aint broke.....

Last edited:
I have a picattiny rail fitted on my 25 06, an alan rhone one ,however my 30 06 is fitted with optilocs , I had issues with my 25 being that I was running out of side adjustment , put the picattiny on and it was centralised again , shooting .5 moa or better , but in hind sight I feel if I had taken the recoil pin off the optilocks it would have solved the problem and saved a bob or two in the process , the pin stopped the dovetail pushing all the way up so it was a tight fit , then when I tighted the allan key up it pulled it to one side , if that makes sense , perhaps the wrong bases for it ?

Optilocks are outstanding mounts for the Sako, i've never used anything else for years and never had any problems whatsoever. The only improvements they could make would be to have a keyway or pin to make it easier to line up the rings and bases as you tighten them (I have a method for this though) and, make an insert to allow 1"tubed scopes to be used in 300mm rings.

I'm going to amend the mould and say the 1 piece optilock ringmounts are in my experience better than the 2 piece, if a little constrained in height options.
The 2 piece are that little extra bit fiddly but good nonetheless.

I'm going to amend the mould and say the 1 piece optilock ringmounts are in my experience better than the 2 piece, if a little constrained in height options.
The 2 piece are that little extra bit fiddly but good nonetheless.

I agree. The largest scope I've put on a sporter-barreled rifle using the simple and elegant combined ring/mount is a 30mmtube/50mm obj specimen, and it only just fits. They're certainly fine for 6x42s on my rifles.

No point IMHO in using the separate rings/bases unless you have to; or you already own them, of course.

Is this just because Optilocks are the best/most convenient at the present? From researching the new rail mount system it looks better and way more simple to set up and more secure. I'm sure as more scope manufacturers offer it and more rifle producers make the mounts/bases they'll become more popular and cheaper.

IMG_0016.JPGHERE ,S one for the mix, :DNEAR MFG ' ' Canada '' an Exact match for sako 75 for Stainless barrel

Back