Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .243 Ammo in Bodmin Area

.243 Ammo in Bodmin Area

Hi

I am going down to Cornwall next week and will not be able to get to my Local gunshop before then.

Can anyone recommend some where to get .243 ammo in the Bodmin-Liskeard-Launceston area please.

Eddie

Hi at wadebridge Ian hodges, the gun clinic in Liskeard and country sorts centre in launceston will stock ammo. If you are driving down then there is the sportsman in Exeter as well. Worth ringing first though as some ammo is running out.
    hope this helps

BE

Hi ,
    Another one to remember is ruag-ammotech-uk-ltd-liskeard-who deal with RWS / Norma and Gecco ammo and many other things..
    I know they are trade but give them a call and they may be able to sell you direct - give them a call as well
    Last edited by interceptor; 19-04-2015 at 13:54.

Thank you gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    country sorts centre in Launceston
    BE
    Are they still going ??

I thought that they shut up shop a couple of years ago .

If you're coming from Essex use the M4 and come off at Dauntsey Guns. An absolute gem of a shop. Just make sure the wife has a book to read and you have enough credit on your card. It won't be a 5 minute stop. Plenty to buy.

Thanks for that I may well do,

BTW no wife shes staying home. 2 weeks of freedom.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by stecad View Post
    If you're coming from Essex use the M4 and come off at Dauntsey Guns. An absolute gem of a shop. Just make sure the wife has a book to read and you have enough credit on your card. It won't be a 5 minute stop. Plenty to buy.
    +1 great shop, especially for the reloader.

Country Sports Launceston did indeed close about 2 years ago.
    By far the easiest stop from the A30 would be Tamar Field & Stream at Lifton, just before Launceston. Usually stock Norma, Federal, Geco and Hornady in .243 (though worth phoning ahead to check) and they are very nice folks too.

If you are coming down the A38 there is Cartridge shooting which is on the left at the top of the hill before you get to Tideford.

Thanks again!