Thread: Fox pro spitfire.

Fox pro spitfire.

My foxpro seems to be giving me some type. It will not pick up the controller at 100 yards. The furthest it seems to work is about 70 ish and the batteries seem not to last very long either. I haven't recorded the time but it is proving annoying.

Anybody had a similiar problem? Just wondering if I am going to have to buy a new caller soon.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

On the wildfire control once the batteries got to just over 3/4 on the battery indicater I had to change the and on the the crossfire I have now first set last 3 months that's at the use rate of 3 times a week . the cold weather can play a big part as well . in the crossfire unit the batteries last 3 to 4 stands so I moved on to use rechargeable batteries plus the different batteries last different time lengths so buy the best I would say hope this helps plus I have found FoxPro very helpful if you need to contact them should have added that each stand I do is about 3/4 hours
    Last edited by hairlesshunter; 20-04-2015 at 12:01.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Hi SS

i have the spitfire and found that if I used good quality batteries and removed (disconnected them.) after use it was fine, I have the wild fire now with the jack attack ready for the new ground, if you think that the batteries last to short a time speak to foxpro, they are great people to deal with,

The wildfire or the spitfire when run with the jack attack eats batteries so I have solved the problem by running separate batterie supplies for each one, with a long connection cable to control the jack and boy did it work the first three times we used it,

I did clean and service my spitfire when I had it and found it got better distance but I never really got more than 120 yards, I think a modification if it could be done to fit an antenna would be great, If I had an old spitfire I may have a go at that,

Ps; hope your well and that wee shotgun has done me proud

Bob,
    Last edited by bobjs; 20-04-2015 at 13:25.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Blog Entries
    Spitefire

I have been in contact with foxpro,

The max distance you will get with the spitfire is about 100 yards, if you raise it up off the ground and in the clear then you should get that plus a little more,

The lowest priced unit they do with the 200 yard range is the crossfire, at $399 plus shipping and uk tax

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Stick it on an extendible bank stick and make sure you disconnect the battery pack after use HTH

I went out the other night and kept it at about 50 yards and it behaved itself. Feic all came in unfortunately, well I did have 2 owls show up But apparently they are not on the suitable species list.

glad the shottie is working for you Bob. I think I have managed to clear all my stuff out finally. Mind you, I haven't decided if I will keep the .22 and the semi shotgun as neither get much use.

i had a look at the wild fire and I was out one night with a mate who has one and the problem is neither of us could read the screen without our glasses and they of course were in the car. So I am glad the spitfire is working cos I can read that ok. Long may it remain so.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    I went out the other night and kept it at about 50 yards and it behaved itself. Feic all came in unfortunately, well I did have 2 owls show up But apparently they are not on the suitable species list.

glad the shottie is working for you Bob. I think I have managed to clear all my stuff out finally. Mind you, I haven't decided if I will keep the .22 and the semi shotgun as neither get much use.

i had a look at the wild fire and I was out one night with a mate who has one and the problem is neither of us could read the screen without our glasses and they of course were in the car. So I am glad the spitfire is working cos I can read that ok. Long may it remain so.
    Hi big man have a look at the paperwork on the wildfire I too have to use glasses until I read the paperwork, I think you hold the sound up and down button down at the same time of 3 seconds and the unit goes on to blind old fart mod IE: the print size gets bigger but it's just the sounds number so if you have a short list of the most common calls you use you have cracked it,

Funny you should say that about the 22 I got one for the oldest to start shooting and now she's not interested in the 22 but would like to try clay shooting, I'll sell it one and get here a wee 20 bore ? Or alike for her to come to lanes shooting with dad,

Keep well big man and shoot straight

Regards

Bob,