Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Zeiss V Zeiss

  1. #1

    Zeiss V Zeiss

    What do you think, Victory HT 3-12x56 or is it worth stumping the Extra Big Money for the V8? (stalking scope, not for range work ) There looks to be some good prices about on the HD at the mo. I've looked through a few HDs and really like them but, can there be that much of a difference between them and the V8?

    Regards. cjs
    Last edited by cjs66; 20-04-2015 at 18:30.

  2. #2
    had a ht very good but moved to v8 f'g very good from on your toes to as far as you need to shoot its a real daisy to use the #60 is as good in all the range imo better than my z6i

  3. #3
    I think only you can answer this by looking through them, giving them a try, and seeing what works for you. You're buying into the best glass in normal sporting optics so that will put you ahead of everyone else but there are other factors that make a scope suited to what you do.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/




  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    I think only you can answer this by looking through them, giving them a try, and seeing what works for you. You're buying into the best glass in normal sporting optics so that will put you ahead of everyone else but there are other factors that make a scope suited to what you do.
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly but, getting a look through a V8 is proving very hard. There's plenty on the net but around here shop shelves are bare of V8s.

    ATB. cjs
    Last edited by cjs66; 20-04-2015 at 19:33.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cjs66 View Post
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly but, getting a look through a V8 is proving very hard. Around here there is plenty on the net but the shop shelves are bare of V8s.

    ATB. cjs
    Your answer, mindful of where SD and this thread is.

    K

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Your answer, mindful of where SD and this thread is.

    K
    Sorry, am I missing something? I simply meant I can't find a V8 to get a look through thats all..

    cjs

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cjs66 View Post
    Sorry, am I missing something? I simply meant I can't find a V8 to get a look through thats all..

    cjs
    And that is very likley because folks now purchase via the internet rather than a shop.

    Not a dig at you. Just fact.

    K

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    And that is very likley because folks now purchase via the internet rather than a shop.

    Not a dig at you. Just fact.

    K
    Yeah, got ya. I thought i'd rocked the boat there for a mo…

    You're dead right, nothing better than hands on shopping but you can't beat internet prices.

    As you say it's a fact.

    Regards. cjs.

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member 223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nr Newport (shrops)
    Posts
    1,920
    why don't you see if theres a site member close to you who has a v8 who would mind you having a look though in field conditions ????

  10. #10
    cjs66 i have looked at them at both stalking fairs as i was after a new scope for a new build , but in my opinion they are defiantly not worth what zeiss are asking and to be honest does any hunter need a 36mm tubed scope on top of there sporting rifle.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-03-2013, 11:34
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-11-2012, 08:59
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 20:47
  4. Swap zeiss for zeiss swap
    By bobjs in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-06-2011, 21:36
  5. Swap Zeiss for Zeiss swap.
    By bobjs in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 12:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •